PDA

View Full Version : sunbrite app help?

rocksteveo
10-29-2014, 09:44 PM
so i just recieved a sunbrit led light and i cant seem to locate the app that goes with it, anyone else having this issue? any help would be great, thanks in advance

patman
10-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Android or IOS? Android is on their site although i could never get it to work and i got the IOS one about 2 years ago from the Apple store.

rocksteveo
10-29-2014, 10:00 PM
ios , every time i search for it on my phone or computer it says no results found, im so confused lol

patman
10-29-2014, 10:08 PM
yeah, looks like it isn't there anymore. doesn't really surprise me. I love the light but their support was terrible and they haven't put out anything new for about 2 years.

rocksteveo
10-29-2014, 10:11 PM
ok, so im not losing my mind here then, thank you

baker_jeff
10-30-2014, 04:12 AM
I have it on my phone if there is someway to transfer to you?

rocksteveo
10-30-2014, 04:35 PM
not sure how or if you can.........

second question to all : does anybody know how to transfer apps between phones ? ;)

canadawest
05-19-2015, 09:09 AM
I did a full wipe of my iPod the other day, which I specifically bought to control the Sunbrite fixture, and now discovered when attempting to reinstall the App that it is no longer available in the App Store! :confused:

Has anyone figured out a solution for obtaining the App now that it seems to be gone from the Apple App Store? Seems the company has instantly made all of their units useless for anyone without the App already? (and impossible to resell) :mad2:

ClubReef
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
You need a jail broken iphone, and load an .ipa file. If you e-mail me privately, I can send you this file.

There is also an .apk file for android floating around but you'll need to find it yourself as I don't have a copy.

You can google tutorials on how to use .ipa or .apk files online.

I did a full wipe of my iPod the other day, which I specifically bought to control the Sunbrite fixture, and now discovered when attempting to reinstall the App that it is no longer available in the App Store! :confused:

Has anyone figured out a solution for obtaining the App now that it seems to be gone from the Apple App Store? Seems the company has instantly made all of their units useless for anyone without the App already? (and impossible to resell) :mad2:

reefwithareefer
05-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Cnet.com had it as a download at one time.

canadawest
05-31-2015, 12:09 AM
Cnet.com had it as a download at one time.

Cnet.com just links to iTunes (Apple App Store), where the App is no longer available.

Does ANYONE have an working .ipa file that they can send to me or direct me to a download link so that I can get the App back?

I have no ability to control my lights now since I wiped my iPod Touch a few weeks ago (not realizing that the Sunbrite App was no longer downloadable!) :mad:

ClubReef
05-31-2015, 12:30 AM
Andrew, I sent you another ipa..give it a shot. I have a couple of versions and might have sent you a non working one. It's been a long time since i had to load it so i'm sorry for the mix up.

canadawest
05-31-2015, 01:21 AM
Well after some research and troubleshooting, I finally got the Sunbrite app re-installed!!! :mrgreen:

Turns out that even though I had jailbroken my iPod Touch, I needed to install something called 'Appsync' to allow .IPA files to be installed, which is why I was having so much difficulty getting the App to install.

Many thanks to Darryl (ClubReef) for sending me the .IPA file (several versions even)!!!

I also finally came across a download link here http://www.reefsupplies.ca/sb/ from a Reef Central thread that should also work.

Here are the basic instructions to hopefully help others who will attempt this in future...

1. Ensure you iOS device is jailbroken. I am using an older iPod Touch 4G running iOS 6.1.6 which required first doing a tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w and then using Cydia to complete the un-tethered jailbreak using P0sixspwn.
(Detailed instructions on how to Jailbreak your iOS device are available everywhere on Google & YouTube, and will differ depending on which iOS device and iOS version you are currently running)

2. Once you have successfully jailbroken your iOS device, you need to open Cydia and install Appsync in order to install third party .IPA files (basically unauthorized App Store files) Ensure your Cydia is updated, then add the following new Source - repo.hackyouriphone.org (Open Cydia, tap Sources, then Edit, then Add) Once that is completed, do a search for Appsync (I installed the 5.x to 8.x version, which should work for just about any iOS device from the past 5 years)

3. Reboot your device, now you should be able to open the .IPA file in iTunes and install it to your device. Just double-click on the .IPA file you downloaded, it should open up in iTunes automatically. Click on your device icon at the top of the iTunes window and select Apps from the settings menu on the left. You should see the Sunbrite App listed, now just click Install and then Apply on the bottom right and voila you should now have the Sunbrite App on your iOS device.

Hopefully this helps others from the struggles I had getting this up and running... And I own a computer consulting company! :redface:

Saltnoob
05-31-2015, 01:59 AM
anyone that is inbterested in the app can come to me with thier phone and i will install it on thier i phone i have the app in my i tunes apps and is easliy tranfered