PDA

View Full Version : LF: Bugbugs, Copepods, etc

BubblesUp
10-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Actually, I don't know what I'm looking for but there were these little bugs that came in with a frag and the seahorses have hunted them well. I'm looking to reseed my tank. If you happen to have a bunch and don't mind sharing a bunch, let me know. Good bugs only. I'm in dt Vancouver. Thanks!

Ranchu50
10-26-2014, 04:23 AM
j&l in burnaby sells little bottles of pods.

BubblesUp
10-26-2014, 04:24 AM
Thanks. I didn't know that. I should have asked when I was there yesterday.

mohammadali
10-26-2014, 04:26 AM
it could be amphipods ? or copepods

Peter Peng
10-26-2014, 04:33 AM
J&L has fully grown triggerpods. Pretty good for getting your fuge started.
I have a ton in my biocube because I dont have anything that eats it but the adult pods hide in the rocks while small ones hang on the glass or floats around. I'll be at island pets richmond tomorrow from 2-4 and if you want I can bring you a bag of my water and you can give it a shot.

BubblesUp
10-26-2014, 04:34 AM
I have a few amphiopods but the bugs the horses were eating were like little bugs running around in the hair algae on the glass. Looked the size of mites or aphids.

BubblesUp
10-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the offer. PM sent. I've been meaning to head out there as it appears Island Pets is in the midst of a SW upgrade. I was in BBY store yesterday and the frag tank looks good and SW tank look nice and clean.

Nicole.
10-26-2014, 07:16 AM
I have an overpopulation of them because there are no predators in the tank. If you want to come over when I do a water change (weekends) I will siphon them out for you. Not sure how long they would last if I put them in a bottle.

BubblesUp
10-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks Nicole. Pm sent. I just wanted to thank everyone who responded. I've learned a whole lot from all of you and my tank will be even healthier for it. Appreciated! :mrgreen:

davej
10-29-2014, 04:03 AM
I have an overpopulation of them because there are no predators in the tank. If you want to come over when I do a water change (weekends) I will siphon them out for you. Not sure how long they would last if I put them in a bottle.

Any chance of getting some from you?
Just started up a new tank with a sump and refugium,
would love to kick start the fuge with some

Nicole.
10-29-2014, 04:11 AM
Any chance of getting some from you?
Just started up a new tank with a sump and refugium,
would love to kick start the fuge with some

For sure Dave, I can bring some to the frag swap if you are attending. If not, pm me and we can arrange a time. Regardless, remind me the day before or else I will prob forget.