PDA

View Full Version : Shock your Corals -Jolts of electricity revive damaged coral

Samw
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Hm, so electricity will accelerate growth and turn corals into super corals that more resilient to hot weather and pollution. My acros could sure use a few jolts then.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5770139/

"The wires are part of highly original and ambitious underwater experiment: the use of low-voltage electrical current to stimulate regrowth in a badly damaged coral reef."

"The grids were then seeded with small fragments of live coral, which begin to grow "between five and 10 times faster than normal, with much brighter colors and more resilience to hot weather and pollution," said a co-owner of the Taman Sari Cottages, an American who goes by the single name Naryana."

LostMind
09-01-2004, 04:37 PM
guess I dont need my grounding plug?

StirCrazy
09-02-2004, 12:06 AM
, which begin to grow "between five and 10 times faster than normal, ."

Hmm thats all I need :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Steve

Invigor
09-02-2004, 03:34 AM
weird, i found out my mag was leaking electricity into the water and my plate coral would get worse and worse as the days go on, then I changed my mag to externally working, and my plate has grown about an inch already..in about a month's time.

i never did test to see just how much voltage it was leaking. it melted a colt tree too :| never figured out why