PDA

View Full Version : does any have Pygmy yellowtail angelfish(Centropyge flavicauda) ??

jhj0112
10-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Ok I have been looking for a dwarf angelfish after I lost a beautiful flame angelfish..

When I first saw this fish at LFS, I thought it was pygmy cherub angelfish and it was only $18.. So I thought " this is very good deal", bought it and put it my tank.

After 30mins of watching this fish, I realize something is odd.. it turns out that this actually is pygmy yellowtail angelfish(different than cherub)...

Does anyone have this fish? what's your experience with this fish? I know it's hit and miss on all dwarf angles but will this nip at corals or possibly clams?

I still love this angelfish so I would like to keep him. He/she is in RSM 130 with a pair of clownfish, a banggai cardinal, shrimp goby and a cleaner shrimp.

The Guy
10-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Ok I have been looking for a dwarf angelfish after I lost a beautiful flame angelfish..

When I first saw this fish at LFS, I thought it was pygmy cherub angelfish and it was only $18.. So I thought " this is very good deal", bought it and put it my tank.

After 30mins of watching this fish, I realize something is odd.. it turns out that this actually is pygmy yellowtail angelfish(different than cherub)...

Does anyone have this fish? what's your experience with this fish? I know it's hit and miss on all dwarf angles but will this nip at corals or possibly clams?

I still love this angelfish so I would like to keep him. He/she is in RSM 130 with a pair of clownfish, a banggai cardinal, shrimp goby and a cleaner shrimp.
I had a little Eibli Angelfish when I had had my other nano tank set up, very cool little guys even though they nip at acans & zoes the odd time.
I would like to get another but need to upgrade to a 30 gallon nano first.

Borderjumper
11-02-2014, 01:13 AM
I have one, along with a cherub and a lemon peel. I've never really noticed them picking on anything. Mine I guess are the exception to the rule as they have formed a little school with no aggression.

jhj0112
11-02-2014, 02:02 AM
wow! that is cool.. how big is your tank??

zoapaly
11-02-2014, 02:11 AM
I have colini angelfish never nip corals :)
Check it out
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+16+456&pcatid=456

Borderjumper
11-02-2014, 02:58 AM
wow! that is cool.. how big is your tank??

I think its about 30 gallons.. Its a 2x2 ft shallow waterfall tank