PDA

View Full Version : Tube Anenome

cag
09-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi all. Just had a question about tube anenomes. I have a nice colored one that decided to slip out of his tube and slide down the back of the reef last weekend. He seems fine back there so far, but how long will he survive with little to no real light? Will he eventually find his way out. I know they don't move like other anenomes, but would it be able to free itself or do I have to tear the reef apart to get himi out :mad: Any suggestions. :confused:

Samw
09-01-2004, 05:54 AM
Tube anemones don't need light. They are non-photosynthetic. They will rebuild their tube in a location that it likes. However, they do use up a lot of energy to rebuild their tube so you will have to feed your anemone lots of food such as frozen mysis and brine shrimp while it is rebuilding.

By the way, your avatar is causing a password panel to pop up everytime.

Quinn
09-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Keeps asking me to get a MSN Passport. I was about to kill that XP feature altogether until Sam pointed that out.

You could put your avatar in the Photo Gallery here on Canreef.

Bob I
09-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Something interesting about that avatar. I have popups blocked, so I don't get anything at all. :eek:

Samw
09-01-2004, 05:46 PM
I have pop-up windows blocked as well. But it was an authentication panel that was coming up last night which is not an IE window thus isn't blocked by pop-up window blocks. However, this morning, the authentication panel no longer pops up so something was changed already.

The authentication panel looks like this Bob:

http://www.hyperdream.com/protected

BTW: I have 2 tube anemones in my office for over a year under 8 watts of lighting. The lighting fixture on my Eclipse 6 has broken for the past 2 weeks so the anemones are now in complete darkness. I'm waiting for a replacement. The anemones are fine and eating as normal and extended as normal.