PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner shrimp feeding?

bluetang
08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
What do cleaner shrimp eat? What should I be feeding it? or, Should I be feeding it?I see mine chasing food that is ment for the fish, but alot of the time it doesnt get anything.

rob

monza
08-31-2004, 11:00 PM
They mostly scavenge for food, thats the idea. Don't want them going hungry or they'll start ripping things apart to eat. (depends what you have) If you have to feed them, any thing meaty is a treat. ie raw shrimp- small pieces.
Dave

bulletsworld
08-31-2004, 11:16 PM
I get a lil piece of Krill , use my thongs and spot feed. My cleaner will usual take it right from my thongs right away. Then my cleaner shrimp feels super special cause he gets a piece all to himself. :lol:

I do this also for my lil purple lobster. He even come's out and waits for the thongs. Then everyones happy. :biggrin:

Jack
08-31-2004, 11:24 PM
They kinda go nuts for Cyclope-eeze in my experience.

Chad
08-31-2004, 11:44 PM
They usualy attack my feeding pipet as soon as I put it in the tank.. So I feed it some mysis first then feed my sun coral so it doesn't harras it.

PFisher
09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Just got a mental image of a cleaner shrimp taking a piece of Krill out of someone's thong. I think that the word you are looking for is tongs.

AJ_77
09-01-2004, 08:33 PM
I get a lil piece of Krill , use my thongs and spot feed.
I also misread this... can see using the thong like a sling to whip the food in there.
Easy does it!! :lol:

:biggrin:
Must be a male shrimp.My cleaner will usual take it right from my thongs right away.

Quinn
09-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Don't they play for both teams? :razz:

bulletsworld
09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
:lol: :lol:

I'll blame it on being jacked up with cold meds. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

Quinn
09-01-2004, 10:09 PM
The disturbing part is the comment about a purple lobster. :lol:

Sorry. :redface:

TANGOMAN
09-01-2004, 11:50 PM
I visualized Alan with a thong, no offence AJ, but that was disturbing.
As for the lil purple lobster coming out and waiting... :eek: well, I just don't need that !
I'll be laughin' for a month with that one ! Thanks ! Ya' made my day... :cool:
Quinn, I see your location has changed...? I hear good things about you hobbiest' in southern Alberta... :lol: . How's the corn ?

bulletsworld
09-02-2004, 07:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just can stop laughing at myself right now! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

WOO HOO COLD MEDs! :lol: :lol:

Glad to entertain! * bow * :lol: