PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get economical reef ready tank

oizo
10-15-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm in the planning stages of getting a new tank started. I'm looking at probably a 90ish gal tank to fit where I'd like to place it. But it seems a lot of the salt lfs are disappearing. I have a nano tank currently and gave most my business to red coral, and blue world. But both seem to be gone now. I have tried emailing Steve at red coral with no luck. So I'm curious where else to look? I've been to aquarium illusions abd they seem to have decent priced reef ready tanks but am unsure of there quality, and I know of the south side stores (big als, marine aquaria) but haven't made it out that way yet. I checked out marine central who had none at the store but will special order them in, but seems pretty costly. Apparently 100$ A drilled hole!? Are there any other stores I'm missing for decently priced reef ready tanks? Is it worth looking online as well? I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap to ship. I'm also keeping my eyes peeled on kijiji, canreef buy/sell but have not found much locally which suits what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Oizo

Slyguy00
10-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about concept aquariums. If they weren't so far away that's where I would get my tank made.

ronau
10-15-2014, 05:19 PM
I would call Concept Aquariums, I believe you could coordinate your tank with other deliveries they do in the area and save there.

Wheelman76
10-15-2014, 05:23 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about concept aquariums. If they weren't so far away that's where I would get my tank made.

Btw Nick , their shipping is surprisingly cheap.

eli@fijireefrock.com
10-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Like all the above ..give Concept a call with your dimentions and they will price it for you.:biggrin:

oizo
10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks all for replies, I sent concept a email. Looking forward to hearing back from them.

monza
10-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Don't know if economical is a word in this hobby. Used equipment would be your best price but then it won't be custom to your space. There are lots of complete set ups that pop up for sale on this site all the time.

intarsiabox
10-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I've been to aquarium illusions abd they seem to have decent priced reef ready tanks but am unsure of there quality,

The tanks at AI are good quality. They put standard 75g and 90g reef ready tanks on sale during some holidays for really cheap but I can't say the next time this will happen. Their sale tanks are standard glass, if you want starfire you would have to custom order.

HaZRaTTy
10-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Last time I checked AI ordered there tanks from concept....

I ordered a tank from concept external overflow and I didn't pay anything close to what ai has there tanks priced at or any store for that matter.

ensquire
10-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Neil Wilson Glass in Edmonton if Concepts is to far.
Neil built all the new tanks in Als in Edmonton, I believe.

intarsiabox
10-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Neil Wilson Glass in Edmonton if Concepts is to far.
Neil built all the new tanks in Als in Edmonton, I believe.

Yes, Neil does an excellent job with good pricing as well. As a matter of fact he built my tank, starfire on three side, trimless/frameless, polished edges and external overflow. Beautiful work! At the time he was by far the cheapest quote I got, this was a few years back.