PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Magus Curve 5 - Optimal Wate Height

byee
10-08-2014, 01:03 AM
I'm in the process of cycling my tank and my Bubble Magus Curve 5 seems to be skimming water.

What's the optimal water height for this skimmer?

Thank you!

mrhasan
10-08-2014, 04:07 AM
I'm in the process of cycling my tank and my Bubble Magus Curve 5 seems to be skimming water.

What's the optimal water height for this skimmer?

Thank you!

I would suggest to keep the skimmer off during cycle (you are taking away the stuffs that will cycle the tank) and the optimum height is around 8".

freezetyle
10-11-2014, 06:01 PM
I would suggest to keep the skimmer off during cycle (you are taking away the stuffs that will cycle the tank) .

I wouldn't agree with that portion. Protein skimmers are 100% efficient at pulling out matter. you would never skim your tank clean not causing a cycle. I as well as many others run it right from the start to help keep nutrients in check from the get go.

Rice Reef
10-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't agree with that portion. Protein skimmers are 100% efficient at pulling out matter. you would never skim your tank clean not causing a cycle. I as well as many others run it right from the start to help keep nutrients in check from the get go.

+1

Aquattro
10-11-2014, 10:47 PM
+1

+2 I guess :) Skim from day one.

Gp Scott
10-11-2014, 11:52 PM
+2 I guess :) Skim from day one.

+3 I skimmed from start don't be surprises if your skimmer goes nuts foaming out the top. I let mine foam for about a week out the top then raised it up about a 1 1/2" it was still pulling junk out of water. After about 3 weeks it settled down and now sits on bottom of sump tuned in

krisjoseph
11-04-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm looking for help tuning my Curve 5... I feel clueless. Either it foams out the top, dumping my skimmate back into my sump, or (after I raise it) it seems to skim nothing.

Has anyone created an idiot's guide to tuning one of these?

ReEf BoSs
11-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Have you adjusted the knob it raises and lowers water levels mine is backwards so min is max etc