PDA

View Full Version : FF: Scooter Blenny (male) to good home - Bby

gregzz4
10-03-2014, 03:29 AM
With a heavy heart I need to give away 'Chico'

We've had him for a year now, and no new fish have been added since him
I feel very comfortable with you placing him directly into your tank without risk of any diseases, but that's your call
I've QTd every fish that I've ever added, so you can count on this little guy being pest/disease-free
I run our tank @ 79F and 1.025/6 SG

Chico was nice and fat for the longest time, but since spring/summer our mysid/pod etc population crashed and now, with all the other competition he has for food, he's become too thin for my liking

Aside from pods etc, he only eats frozen, and our wrasses eat most before he can grab more than a few pieces

He needs to be in an established tank with a good supply of pods and not too much competition, or he will surely perish

Pickup is near Canada Way and Royal Oak

Chico is one of my wife's fave fish and will not be released to just any old tank :wink:
Please let me know what setup you have - tank age, quarantine practices, other fish, pods etc

I've never been able to catch a pic of him with his 'sail' up, but he extends/flashes his dorsal quite regularly
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx136/Gregzz4/75%20Gallon%20Build/IMG_0756_zps9e1969ff.jpg

neoh
10-03-2014, 03:56 AM
wish I could do it, but my tangs ravish food before it hits the corals!

I had one named scoots. He's still missed. Hope he finds a good home!

The Guy
10-03-2014, 04:16 AM
Hi Greg
I have a 20 gallon frag/display tank with larger rocks & rubble pieces from my 50 gallon pod filled sump, I'm looking for scooter blenny resident for it. His tank mates would be 2 snails, 2 hermits, tiny emerald type crab and 1 other non pod eating fish probably a chromis or damsel. I have a mandarian in my 90 and he gets all the pods cause he's the only pod eater in there, so I know how important pods are for gobies. So he would be the king and eat like one in that tank. Cheers Laurie

gregzz4
10-03-2014, 04:21 AM
wish I could do it, but my tangs ravish food before it hits the corals!

I had one named scoots. He's still missed. Hope he finds a good home!
Thanks Neoh
I know we'll miss this one

gregzz4
10-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Hi Greg
I have a 20 gallon frag/display tank with larger rocks & rubble pieces from my 50 gallon pod filled sump, I'm looking for scooter blenny resident for it. His tank mates would be 2 snails, 2 hermits, tiny emerald type crab and 1 other non pod eating fish probably a chromis or damsel. I have a mandarian in my 90 and he gets all the pods cause he's the only pod eater in there, so I know how important pods are for gobies. So he would be the king and eat like one in that tank. Cheers Laurie
Let's talk Laurie ...

gregzz4
10-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Pending ....

gregzz4
10-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Gone