PDA

View Full Version : LF: Coral Beauty, Yellow Midas, Red Flame Hawkfish

MCC
09-29-2014, 05:37 AM
As title states. I m looking for these fish. They must be proven reef safe while in your tank.

Thanks!

MCC
10-14-2014, 06:13 AM
BUMP!

Peter Peng
10-14-2014, 06:20 AM
island pets has a flame hawkfish for sale. not sure if reef safe

MCC
10-14-2014, 03:49 PM
island pets has a flame hawkfish for sale. not sure if reef safe

Thanks! but i m weary about their livestock. had bad experience before.

neoh
10-14-2014, 04:55 PM
I've been taking care of their saltwater section for the last month now, and trying to get them all back on track with better care. I had the same feeling, so I decided to do something about it!

Snailpuffer
10-15-2014, 05:40 AM
I've been taking care of their saltwater section for the last month now, and trying to get them all back on track with better care. I had the same feeling, so I decided to do something about it!

Ha! so that's why I've finally bought my first piece of coral from Island Pet!

gmann
10-15-2014, 08:02 AM

which location are you at?

gmann
10-15-2014, 08:03 AM
have you tried king ed/ j&l/ aquariums west? Coral beauty is a pretty common fish to get

I know Rmd IPU has a coral beauty, was just there today

neoh
10-15-2014, 05:03 PM
which location are you at?

Richmond

MCC
10-16-2014, 05:06 AM
Hmm... so Island Pets has both coral beauty and red flame hawk?

Anyone purchase any fish from them lately? Everytime i go they look unhappy =(

Peter Peng
10-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Hmm... so Island Pets has both coral beauty and red flame hawk?

Anyone purchase any fish from them lately? Everytime i go they look unhappy =(

I got a damsel there that did pretty well.
usually the unhappy fish are the ones that recently arrived.

neoh
10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I got a damsel there that did pretty well.
usually the unhappy fish are the ones that recently arrived.

This is true. We've had some pretty sick fish fly in from Tonga recently from a specific distributor, and we lost half of our last shipment, from no fault of our own.

The coral beauty there is currently under quarantine as it was behaving strangely, and came from Tonga - so I would stay away from it,

The hawk fish is an arch eye hawk. He's a pretty fish, eats a lot and is fairly active.

We have another shipment coming tomorrow, and I'll be there for the acclimation process and transfer. I finally got my red tailed tamarin wrasse! I'm looking forward to it.

islandcorals
10-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi MCC,

We understand your concern about our livestock and that is why we've brought in some more knowledgeable staff members like Neoh along with other people who take really good care of our corals. Also, we've made quite a bit of changes to our saltwater system in both locations to ensure healthy fish.

Like Neoh mentioned we have a new shipment coming later in the day on Friday so they'll be available Saturday. The shipment will be split between the two locations so please call to see what is available at each.

We are also working on another saltwater fish order and are hoping that we can get a couple blue spotted stingrays in. This should be coming in the next couple weeks or so.

Peter Peng
10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi MCC,

We understand your concern about our livestock and that is why we've brought in some more knowledgeable staff members like Neoh along with other people who take really good care of our corals. Also, we've made quite a bit of changes to our saltwater system in both locations to ensure healthy fish.

Like Neoh mentioned we have a new shipment coming later in the day on Friday so they'll be available Saturday. The shipment will be split between the two locations so please call to see what is available at each.

We are also working on another saltwater fish order and are hoping that we can get a couple blue spotted stingrays in. This should be coming in the next couple weeks or so.

Island pet's coral tanks are nice, but the fish systems could use some upgrading. The fake plastic corals dont really cut it :/, the lights don't bring out their true color either.

MCC
10-16-2014, 10:42 PM
This is true. We've had some pretty sick fish fly in from Tonga recently from a specific distributor, and we lost half of our last shipment, from no fault of our own.

The coral beauty there is currently under quarantine as it was behaving strangely, and came from Tonga - so I would stay away from it,

The hawk fish is an arch eye hawk. He's a pretty fish, eats a lot and is fairly active.

We have another shipment coming tomorrow, and I'll be there for the acclimation process and transfer. I finally got my red tailed tamarin wrasse! I'm looking forward to it.

Good honest reply =)

I m looking for a red flamehawk... not the arch eye one.