PDA

View Full Version : My clowns are weird

Dearth
09-27-2014, 03:13 AM
So I've had my black percula clowns for just over 14 months and these guys have never conformed to normal clown behaviour when I got them initially they hosted my yellow tail damsel which was quite hilarious to watch then about a month later switched to a rock then when they moved to my big tank they hosted a few different things until they settled on one of my powerheads which they have hosted since now about a week ago one started hosting one of my frogspawn now both are switching hosting duties between the frogspawn and the powerhead.

I will never understand clowns

mike31154
09-27-2014, 02:38 PM
In the absence of their natural host, an anemone, they do what they gotta do, looking for one I reckon. When they don't find one, they make do with what's in the tank. Not necessarily weird, but confused perhaps.

IanWR
09-27-2014, 03:18 PM
In the absence of their natural host, an anemone...

Or even in the presence of their natural host. I have had 2 clowns for over a year now that prefer to hover around the top back left corner where my return is. I have 2 rbta and they haven't once gone anywhere near either of them. I would find a new home for these 2 obstinate fish, but they are my wife's favourites. Oh well... :)

Craigdillman
09-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Yea clowns are weird, I have like 4 rbta when I put my clowns in they hosted the Acan coral? Like ok then few months later I added an elegance and they now host that, the more likey you want them to host something the less likey it will happen it seems lol

Dearth
09-27-2014, 06:07 PM
I've had 4 anemones and they never once went anywhere near them and all 4 eventually died so I gave up and let the clowns host wherever and whatever they want

NU-2reef
09-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Clowns don't host. The coral or nem does the hosting and the clown is the guest. :wink: