PDA

View Full Version : Lost one of my clowns.

Restless10101
09-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Hey all. Sadly I lost one of my clownfish today. I introduced a new pair of Firefish to my aquarium, and my clowns were quite aggressive towards them. I'm guessing at some point during the day, that my male clown was chasing one of the new fish, and jumped out of the tank.

My question to everyone is when should I try to introduce a new mate for my clownfish. I just don't want to stress the fish out any more than I have to.

Thanks

Steve

The Guy
09-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Hey all. Sadly I lost one of my clownfish today. I introduced a new pair of Firefish to my aquarium, and my clowns were quite aggressive towards them. I'm guessing at some point during the day, that my male clown was chasing one of the new fish, and jumped out of the tank.

My question to everyone is when should I try to introduce a new mate for my clownfish. I just don't want to stress the fish out any more than I have to.

Thanks

Steve
I just lost my female clown about 3 weeks ago, and was advised to wait a week before putting a new clown mate in which I did. Also make sure the new addition is smaller than the one you have now. So I put the new smaller clown in and it's been totally successful. Apparently the larger one will dominate and become the female in time. Good Luck. :biggrin:

Myka
09-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Make a screen for your tank so it doesn't happen again. Firefish are known for jumping and Clownfish are pretty bad too.

When you get a new Clownfish pick one that is either significantly bigger or significantly smaller than the one you have now. Two of the same size will fight for dominance.