PDA

View Full Version : tang has a swollen stomach

ganowicki
09-21-2014, 07:29 PM
My yellow eye kole tang has a very swollen stomach. Today was the first day that she hasn't eaten. She still looks healthy and every other fish appears healthy as well. It doesn't look like dropsy. I was hoping to see if anybody may have any ideas.

The Guy
09-21-2014, 08:35 PM
My yellow eye kole tang has a very swollen stomach. Today was the first day that she hasn't eaten. She still looks healthy and every other fish appears healthy as well. It doesn't look like dropsy. I was hoping to see if anybody may have any ideas.
It doesn't look very swollen in that picture, it says eight views but I only see one photo:question:

Craigdillman
09-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Does this fish have ich? It looks like white spots all over it in that picture

hfp75
09-21-2014, 10:53 PM
i think thats the glass unless the black space infont of the fish also has ich...

Craigdillman
09-22-2014, 03:16 AM
o lol i see it now my phone it looked weird

ganowicki
09-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Yes the photo doesn't do it any justice. It's almost like the fish is super constipated. I tried to feed more veggies so I'm hoping that works.

christyf5
09-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Fish do get constipated sometimes. If you haven't switched foods though, I don't really know how that happens. I've heard a freshwater dip helps. Dunno whether you want to stress the fish out catching it and dipping it if you don't know if thats the problem though.