PDA

View Full Version : Repace ati with led

carnut
09-21-2014, 12:32 PM
So my ati powermodule died and my repair made things worse. So I think this may be the time to change over to led. For those already on led do you like your fixture and is bright enough for you. Not just the corals but do you like the look it presents to your eye.

Thank You

mike31154
09-21-2014, 03:27 PM
I've been running a diy LED fixture for over 2 years & it's great. Many choices out there today & not that difficult to get the look you prefer. Colour combination options with LEDs are virtually limitless. You do need to research what will work best with any coral you have though.

Link below will take you to my DIY build thread. Price continues to drop on LED fixtures, so you should be able to find what you need/like off the shelf. Good time to switch. Flourescents like T5HO & Halides will become increasingly difficult to source in the future.

Nasoblond
09-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Been running LED for over two years now....have not had to buy and new bulbs...they run cooler and draw less power. The saving over time has paid for themselves...

Midway
09-26-2014, 08:29 PM
been running LEDs for the last 3 ish years and I never looked back. they run cooler, really bright (depends how bright you want them), saves on running costs. LEDs are the way to go these days.

Coral Hoarder
09-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Ran LEDs of difrent types for2 years just bought a 6 bulb t5 fixture and I'm loving it iv heard growth is beter to

carnut
09-26-2014, 11:59 PM
So I bought a evergrow it2012 hanging right next to ant ati powermodule.for brightness they are pretty close. Let's see how the corals fair. Having said that the broken ati is being sent to an electrician to have the ballasts replaced.:silly: