PDA

View Full Version : Where do you online shop?

zooz
09-12-2014, 03:24 AM
So I am building a 100G reef from scratch and wanted to obviously save some cash and get the best prices. Where do you guys shop for online dry goods?

intarsiabox
09-12-2014, 04:10 AM
Canreef buy and sell forum. People are always upgrading or getting out of the hobby.

ronau
09-12-2014, 04:11 AM
You're gonna have to shop around as different vendors have different prices for the same products. Personally, I shop at Pets and Ponds, Reef Supplies, JL Aquatics and recently I ordered a doser from Marine Magic in Hong Kong. I don't think there is one place that has the lowest price on everything. Just try and make free shipping minimums.

mikellini
09-12-2014, 04:48 AM
You're gonna have to shop around as different vendors have different prices for the same products. Personally, I shop at Pets and Ponds, Reef Supplies, JL Aquatics and recently I ordered a doser from Marine Magic in Hong Kong. I don't think there is one place that has the lowest price on everything. Just try and make free shipping minimums.

Usually the price between these three is within a few percentage points (but not always). I've ordered from all three (Pets and Ponds used to be MOPS); I prefer reefsupplies.ca. I like Ray at Reef Supplies, he has excellent customer service and responds to emails very quickly, deals with warranty issues himself.

The Guy
09-12-2014, 05:07 AM
:canada:+1 to Reef Supplies & J&L cause there "Canadian"

mark
09-12-2014, 05:21 AM
Also Reef Supplies and J&L but others as well. Happy with all but no loyalties, other than to my cash. So easy to shop around I just go where's cheaper.

Drfu
09-12-2014, 02:31 PM
JL has been great to me plus if another canadian on-line retailer has the exact item for less they not only match the price they beat it by 10% of the difference. They also have the lowest free shipping @ $100 so if you have a smaller order you will still get free shipping. Selection is quite good though Pets & Ponds seems to have a bit more.