PDA

View Full Version : Bullseye pistol shrimp and ginger pistol shrimp?

burtonboi
09-11-2014, 04:19 AM
Hey does anyone have expletive with both of these living together in the same tank? I've had my bullseye for a few years now. I've lost two tigers not knowing where they went. So I got a new one about 8 months ago. Only after a few weeks I had him I noticed he was pretty beat up and lost some legs and a claw. He has since been living in my fuge and now at 120% all back to normal and bigger and stronger. I really want to put him back in my DT but I'm scared it was the bullseye that did that to him. I have since so removed a rock crab the since of my whole thumb. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burtonboi
09-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Oh and by ginger I meant tiger. Stupid autocorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clermont
09-12-2014, 04:42 AM
I have had a tiger pistol shrimp and Randal goby pair for around 4 months. Not a long time but so far the 2 have been great in the tank and haven't caused any issues. They do burrow all around the tank and you will want to make sure all rock will not fall over because they will create tunnels directly under the rock. Very cool relationship although you will not see them everyday as they do spend quite a bit of time in the burrow but when they're working it is extremely cool and everyone I have had over has enjoyed watching them.

Also note they seem to be really shy so any movement in front of the aquarium or even fish movement in front of them will drive them back into there burrows.

burtonboi
09-12-2014, 02:52 PM
I have had a tiger pistol shrimp and Randal goby pair for around 4 months. Not a long time but so far the 2 have been great in the tank and haven't caused any issues. They do burrow all around the tank and you will want to make sure all rock will not fall over because they will create tunnels directly under the rock. Very cool relationship although you will not see them everyday as they do spend quite a bit of time in the burrow but when they're working it is extremely cool and everyone I have had over has enjoyed watching them.

Also note they seem to be really shy so any movement in front of the aquarium or even fish movement in front of them will drive them back into there burrows.

Do you have both tiger pistol and bullseye?

clermont
09-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Geeze, Must have jumped the gun on that one. I didn't read your whole post and was responding from my phone which sometimes misses parts of a post for some reason. I wouldn't add any Goby or Pistol shrimp with a Bullseye in the tank. They're loners and probably the cause of the original damage to the Pistol and your missing Pistols.

burtonboi
09-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Geeze, Must have jumped the gun on that one. I didn't read your whole post and was responding from my phone which sometimes misses parts of a post for some reason. I wouldn't add any Goby or Pistol shrimp with a Bullseye in the tank. They're loners and probably the cause of the original damage to the Pistol and your missing Pistols.

LOL! that happens to me with Tapatalk. I have 2 other gobies in there with no problems. Tiger is pretty happy in the fuge. Maybe that's just where he will stay. :)