PDA

View Full Version : South (central) Calgary Power Outtages

michika
09-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Anyone else without power this morning? I've been without since just after 5am.

denny_C
09-10-2014, 03:34 PM
brentwood area is without power , trees down everywhere and roads a mess with no lights.

mines been gone sine 4am according to my timers.

i left this morning and tank had no power....hope my fish snuggle up and make it through ok, fingers crossed power is restored by now or shortly :(

what a great way to end the summer, at this rate ill be going as a snowman for halloween lol

hfp75
09-10-2014, 03:58 PM
if you guys are using a controller it should email you once power goes back on.....

michika
09-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I have an Apex and it emailed, but sometimes the sudden quiet of no pumps is more than enough to wake me out of a dead sleep.

FishyFishy!
09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I got to work at 7:00 am, and the power was out. I left at 11:00 am because it was still out. Thats in the SE

michika
09-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Power is still out for me. I'm busting out the generator, as soon as I can find an open gas station.

Scythanith
09-10-2014, 06:12 PM
That's crappy for all of you! Wendy sent me a picture of her brothers backyard in the NW part of Calgary and it was hella white lol!

Stupid question, but if you have a generator would you not keep a jerry can of gas on hand as well?

It's not usually the temperature drop that will kill everything off, but the lack of oxygen due to no circulation. Add some battery power air stones or just agitate the surface of the water with a small bucket.

Wish you all the best!

Simons
09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Tuscany went down around 0430 and I left for work at 0830 when it came back on.

I have heard that there are still an isolated few in Tuscany that still do not have power. I have a friend in Canyon Meadows that has been without juice since 0600 and it's now 1340 hrs.

If anyone needs assistance and can post from their mobile lets us know. I am guessing most of us are more worried about our tanks than anything else since it really isn't cold enough to freeze pipes etc (yet).

btuck887
09-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Still out in brentwood!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

michika
09-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Stupid question, but if you have a generator would you not keep a jerry can of gas on hand as well?

I only keep ~5gal on hand at a time. I don't like gas just sitting around for months on end. I don't really have much need for it other than the generator as my mower is manual.

Power was off for ~9hours, than on for nearly an hour, and once again off for a couple hours. It finally just came back on and seems to be staying.