PDA

View Full Version : RIP! lost my female perc.

The Guy
09-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Found my female percula on the bottom with her stomach cavity open< I've noticed lately she seemed to have a very fat and full looking stomach.
Could she have been egg bound? She ate well and seemed normal even up to yesterday. Now the male is on his own, should I get another to replace her now or wait awhile, I heard they can reject a new partner if there introduced too quick. :sad:

duncangweller
09-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I have a breeding pair of ocellaris if you want a new pair?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jhj0112
09-08-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Laurie.. I also lost mine before and I added one about a week after.. I have not had any problem so far.. Actually, they paired up and are hanging out together..

duncangweller
09-08-2014, 05:21 PM
I had read somewhere that as long as the new addition I'd smaller than the current clown then the existing one would become the female and the new one would remain as the male. Unless of course the new one was more dominant.

I believe that's how it works.

jhj0112
09-08-2014, 06:18 PM
+1 on what dunc said, I added a smaller one..

kamloops_reefer
09-08-2014, 07:23 PM
having a small one introduced I believe will become submissive soonest (theoretically of course)

sorry to hear about that Laurie!

Madreefer
09-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I had read somewhere that as long as the new addition I'd smaller than the current clown then the existing one would become the female and the new one would remain as the male. Unless of course the new one was more dominant.

I believe that's how it works.

That's exactly how it worked with mine
Sorry to hear Laurie:sad: