PDA

View Full Version : Crazy scary worm ID?!?

burtonboi
09-08-2014, 04:02 AM
https://vimeo.com/105521931

Hey all. Have any of you ever seen one of these??? Lights were all off and I shone my phone light into the tank. It was at lease a foot and a half long!!!! Skinny worm that was white. Definitely not a bristleworm or fireworm... I caught it with a night right away and it shrunk up to about 4 inches and released a huge cloud of white stuff. Anyway I killed it. Didn't look like it was good news. Anyone know what it is??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slyguy00
09-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Looks like a bristle worm from your video. Kinda hard to tell. What makes you think it isnt?

burtonboi
09-08-2014, 01:10 PM
It was way too long to be one. And it was swimming in the water like a freshwater horsehair worm.

Slyguy00
09-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Iv had bristleworms that were at least 10" long. They can stretch out quite a bit.

Dearth
09-08-2014, 02:19 PM
It looks to be a bristle worm and bristle worms can get to be up to 3 feet long if not longer in the average home aquarium the chances are you will not know they are there unless by pure luck.

burtonboi
09-09-2014, 04:12 AM
They actually swim like a serpent too? It was all white. No red in him. I've had a giant bristleworm in my last tank. Found him in the move he was not a very good swimmer. Meh. Who knows. At least it's gone now.

Dearth
09-09-2014, 04:15 AM
They actually swim like a serpent too? It was all white. No red in him. I've had a giant bristleworm in my last tank. Found him in the move he was not a very good swimmer. Meh. Who knows. At least it's gone now.

Yup they can swim like a snake. And if you have one guaranteed you will have other large ones as well you won't see