PDA

View Full Version : Fish stores? Also lf coral

acanthurus
09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Hello I'm new to the province and only know of j and l for fish stores that sell coral. Are there any others around Richmond, Vancouver or Burnaby worth going to? I'm also looking for colourful mushrooms, rics and green polyp toadstool if anyone has any for sale. Thx. I live in downtown van

The Guy
09-06-2014, 04:12 PM
There'a shop on Beatty street not far from Stadium sky train station that has coral I think.

neoh
09-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Island Pets, Richmond has a good selection of coral.

Coral Hoarder
09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Jl. King eds. Oceanic corals. pet land Langley may or may not have coral Island pets Richmond. Island pets Burnaby is starting to have corals

I think that's it there might be a few down town but Iv never been there

albert_dao
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Me :D

acanthurus
09-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I'll have to ch k them out thanks for the response

trilinearmipmap
09-07-2014, 02:40 AM
I would avoid buying coral from stores and just get frags off this board - cheaper and much better quality.

spit.fire
09-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I would avoid buying coral from stores and just get frags off this board - cheaper and much better quality.

Ya lets all listen to this guy so all the stores go out of business so we won't be able to get any new stuff

Coral Hoarder
09-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Ya lets all listen to this guy so all the stores go out of business so we won't be able to get any new stuff XD stores do serve a purpose there's not enuf on the board to fill a tank in a month it's mostly frags wich is great but you need big pieces to

albert_dao
09-08-2014, 02:58 AM
Ya lets all listen to this guy so all the stores go out of business so we won't be able to get any new stuff

Shhh....

jhj0112
09-08-2014, 09:55 PM
There'a shop on Beatty street not far from Stadium sky train station that has coral I think.

I think it is Aquariums West.. They have some corals in stock. :)

Animal-Chin
09-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Oceanic Corals is my favorite by far. Its The guys that work there are awesome and you can get some awesome frags. Every frag I have purchased there is thriving. Its in Aldergrove so its a bit of a journey but worth it a few times a year...

J&L is like the costco of saltwater. If you need something they'll have it. I've had a few dud corals from there but their fish seem really healthy. Its a good place for equipment...

Island pets in Burnaby used to have a lot of fish and coral but now just a bit. The richmond store has more coral but I was there last weekend and the fish stock is really low for some reason.

Aquariums West in downtown vancouver is great. Really friendly and knowledgable staff. They are getting in more coral in October from what they tell me. For equipment its hit and miss, they carry a lot of stuff but really seem to specialize in fresh water. I've purchased a lot of coral and a few fish from there and everything has turned out great. I like that its mom and pop rather than the J&L vibe myself.

King Eds pets is an adventure in itself. The saltwater section is in the basement and sorta weird...lol There is an older guy who works down there and you wonder if he's ever let out or if he's some sort of saltwater prisoner? One thing I noticed there is the prices seemed really reasonable. Coral was cheaper there so I bought more...:)