PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who split their anemones

tlhood
09-05-2014, 08:41 PM
My RBTA was getting too big, so I took it upon myself to split it, since other methods didn't work (getting it to split by giving it too much flow, overfeeding, etc.).

From the vid's and stuff that I have read, it is "supposed" to take 1 1/2 weeks for it to heal. I just was wondering if that was more or less accurate.

My nems are in little containers in the tank, to keep them from blowing around. They haven't attached their portion of the foot to anything (I have some frag squares at the bottom), however the nem itself is expanding, and one of them want wandering off last night.

Is it normal for what was left of the foot to not really hold on to anything until it heals a bit more?

I've also got them in a low flow area, and heard that they should be kept in low light - but for how long?

tlhood
09-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Well.... Maybe people are shy...

Today is day 5 since I split the RBTA. Both halves have moved around a little bit, more or less out of the little containers I had them in. I have kept the lights pretty low, which works out well because I just got some new zoas that were in a low light system.

I've been checking on them obsessively, and they seeeem to be doing ok. The water doesn't smell, and they puff up and shrink, and react to the touch. They still have a fairly large cut though. It is tough to tell if they are healing up. However.... They seem to be sitting in a way that the two cut ends are meeting.

tlhood
09-14-2014, 10:26 PM
They both show some healing, the wounds have closed up, but the disk hasn't healed together and the mouth is still pretty much just half a mouth. Both are still in containers, but they have their foot attached to the bottom (yay!). I cleaned out the containers a bit (with them still in it) since they are blocking the flow and crud was building up at the bottom. I've been ramping my lights up steadily.