PDA

View Full Version : Food

Richer
08-26-2004, 11:40 PM
In preperation for the pair of clowns I plan on getting, I would like to know what sort of foods I should feed them.

As far as I've read... it seems like mysis shrimp is usually suggested. Is there anything else I could get? Some sort of flake food? I'm not ready to make my food yet (as I don't think my family would appreciate having me take the blender for that purpose).

-Richer

Quinn
08-26-2004, 11:46 PM
I think presenting a diversity of foods would be most beneficial. I fed my clowns mysis, flakes and pellets, although they certainly preferred the mysis.

Vagabond
08-26-2004, 11:51 PM
I have had my pair of false perc's for about a week and a half and they greedily eat both frozen brine shrimp and cylop-eze flake.

I am still waiting for the great Mysis meeting to take place :rolleyes: to get my Mysis for them.

I am sure others here with longer experience will chime in.

HTH

Cheers

Richer
08-26-2004, 11:55 PM
I forgot about brine shrimp... I have a frozen package in my freezer actually.

Ok, so far, I'll get mysis, and probably another package of brine. What brand of flake and pellet food is usually suggested?

-Richer

kuatto
08-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey Richer
The more variety the better.I feed marine pellets,flakes,ocean plankton and cyclopseez as well as frozen brine and home made.

Check out second hand stores or pawnshops for a used blender,your parents will thank you :biggrin:

Quinn
08-27-2004, 02:22 AM
It's fairly widely accepted that frozen brine has almost zero nutritional value. Unless you're feeding fresh brine nauplii, skip it and save your money.

kari
08-27-2004, 04:10 AM
I kind of like to hit the market (T&T) every once in a while. It only takes a few minutes to chuck a mix of stuff( uncooked shrimp, clam, flake, nori, whatever works) in the blender, put them in bags and freeze. Makes for a good alternate day food. Depending on the number and size of fish your feeding it can save a few bucks. Who knows whats in the prepared fish food frozen packs anyway.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
08-27-2004, 04:16 AM
cylop-eze from j&l is a great food for bringing out the colour in my percs,also i like to feed half a cube or marine mega per day.

Richer
08-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Thanks!

-Richer

monza
08-27-2004, 06:54 AM
cyclops once and a while, flake for snacks, Formula One brine shrimp plus & mysis as a staple, some spirila(sp?), blood worms to mix it up, silversides and shrimp pieces every so often, nori pretty regularly (mostly for tangs) but my clown is a fat pig and eats it as well.

Dave