PDA

View Full Version : Colt Coral Spawning - Links to Pic

Tropical Paradise
10-19-2001, 06:50 AM
Fellow Reefers,

I've been away from the reef scene in Vancouve for the last few months. I am finishing up my study in Irvine, CA. I even forgot that I registered on the Canreef Board. Anyhow, I have a 46 gallon bow-front tank with 2 96W PC.

Corals include Acropora, Red and Green Mushroom, Toadstool Leather, Colt, Green Star Polyp, Mushroom Leather, Christmas Tree Worm Rock, and bubble Coral.

Since I don't live in BC now, I have to get help from my girlfriend - Ann, to take care my tank. Many thanks to her!!! No corals were lost during my abscense. Lost couple fishes though, but I highly suspect it was the work of two yellow striped damsels that turned gray on me. I am proud of her from knowing nothing about reef and now can take care my tank while I am away. Not an easy task when she has to goto my house every other day to drip kalk etc... What a wonderful woman. Luckily, she only lives 5 mintues away from my house.

I had a spawning event in September. I was lucky to caught it after lights went out. And rushed to Ann's house to borrow her digial camera. Check out "Colt Coral" pictures, you can see white eggs being released from the polyps.

Wow, this post is getting pretty long. I'd like to say "hi" to fellow Vancouver reefers. I've met Shadetree (Scott) once at J&L. Too bad I couldn't go to the meeting in Sep and Oct. Hopefully, I'll get to meet everyone real soon.

Kai-Wei
images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Tropical Paradise
10-19-2001, 06:52 AM
I think it would be helpful to post the link, opps!
http://tropical-paradise.hypermart.net/Reef%20Photo/

Kai-Wei images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Troy F
10-19-2001, 10:13 AM
Is that you psychocoralchopper? Very cool pics.