PDA

View Full Version : DI resin refil

stephane
05-11-2002, 11:23 AM
I have see some asking question about bulk resin in the aqua FX forum since I realy disagree whith the responce (normal they live whit that)but I dont want to reply on there forum I will do it here. ther is the original post
http://www.canreef.com/ubb6/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000002
I know that I a am not very active here and most dont know me a lot here but I am more active on RC and for those who know me I will never recomend someting that I am not absolutly shure
so if some of you want to save just go for it

I am probably the only one in Canada to have made it (orther the bulk) after reaserch a lot on RC with some felow there and talking even with Resin Depos more than once. Resin Depos is a US compagny who only sale resin like those for laboratory and more so they know them better than any RO retailer and after have personaly deal whit them they are absolutly top notch and top customer care service I have ever see

I have it now for a couple of month and very please,and all US fellow that have it to it just work like a charm

the resin to buy is the MB-1 mixed bed cation and anion. Resin depos have already mix it in proper ration to be utilize in unit like us.

so in respond to Fred you need to buy cation and anion mixed bed a refilable cartrige fill it whith the resin and you will have a 0 tds output.
As the MB-1 dont shift in color you will need a TDS meter. Aquarium pro have a good inline on for 60$ Resin depos have the color changing one but I tink it is useless since the color will shift before the cartrige is exausted Same as the commercial cartrige you by from any LFS so a TDS is a must have if you deal whith RO DI

the refilabe cartrige are 13.99$ us + shipping and brokerage from dr fostersmith

and the resin is 99$ us bulk +60$ us shipping + 65$ can, brokerage and duty

You have enought to made 28 refil with the bulk at a cost of 12.50$ each
compare to 50$ for a DI is a big saving

if you want only a couple of refil I could sale you some 15$ can. each since I have enought left for the next 50 years

See you Stephane

[ 11 May 2002, 07:27: Message edited by: stephane ]

StirCrazy
05-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Stephane, do you recharge your resins also? myself I would like to have say 4 cartrages and just recharge them when they are all exhausted.

Steve

reefburnaby
05-12-2002, 04:00 AM
Hi,

the resin is 99$ us bulk +60$ us shipping + 65$ can, brokerage and duty <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wowzers...$60 for shipping and $65 for brokerage/duty. That's a pretty expensive. Did you have to send it through special shipping or something.

I am thinking of getting some.

- Victor.

stephane
05-12-2002, 04:22 AM
no stir I dont for 15 box ech. and they last more than six month I dont very care at that price I trow them off

I dont want to play whith acid and lid for the small saving + that resin is already mixed so you need to separate it before and remix it after

IMO it dont wort the try!

Marianne
05-13-2002, 10:52 AM
I do agree with Stephane. If you do have a RELIABLE source then you should be OK. We do make units for other sectors of the DI market, where pH is sooo important. Maybe we do go off the deep end when it comes to pH.

Sorry if that is the case.

AquariumPros.ca
09-29-2002, 05:51 PM
For those of you who were following this -

New Product available!! (http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com/RODI/RefillableCanister.html)

HTH,

Jayson
09-29-2002, 11:34 PM
I have dealt with resin depot in the states the shipping is pricey due to the weight. I know I brought in a pallet of the stuff! The weight per bag is like 52 pounds! There is also a good refillable cartridge available for less than $20.00 can. Like Stepahne says the quality is good but you will need a TDS meter to know when it is exhausted. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks

Marianne
10-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Stephane,

I am sure you felt justified putting me in a general classification as "some retailer"...however, I would like to clear a few things up about "MY" personal qualifications & credentials in the water treatment industry.

FYI, I worked for the US Geological Survey, Water Resource Division for 5 years, while earning my Environmental Engineer degree. I cannot say for sure that the fellow that you spoke with at the "DEPOT" would or wouldn't know more about water treatment, resins, carbon, membranes than I do, but I'm sure that my personal credentials far exceed the majority of 'salesmen/saleswomen' working for most companies. While I am not trying to discredit any other company - please do understand that not all 'RO/DI Retaillers' can be put into the same category. Just as many people have had issues going into local fish stores getting 'wrong' or 'uneducated' advice regarding their tank from a 'salesperson' - the same holds true here. Supplying the Aquarium industry with RO and RO/DI equipment is only a very small portion of the AquaFX business. We provide water filtration solutions to government agencies, and only deal with the aquarium industry because we like to assist individuals, such as yourself, outside the corporate/government world.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but please insure that you have done your research completely before you make 'generalized' public statements, especially when you are making assumptions. These 'generalized statements' can discredit people, such as myself, who have worked very hard to achieve 'above average' knowledge and credentials.

Should you have any questions that you would like answered - please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,

Marianne Brizio

Environmental Engineer

President

Aqua Engineering & Equipment, Inc.

info@aquariumwaterfilters.com