PDA

View Full Version : FF: Black Longspine Urchin approx 10" - Burnaby

gregzz4
08-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Free to a good home with a buyer availability stipulation;

Due to me only being able to remove it when it's on the glass, the buyer will need to be on standby when the right time arrives for me to corral it with a perforated ice cream bucket. And you'll need to bring a pail.
If I try to forcefully remove it from anywhere else in the tank I'm sure I will break spines/injure it/get stabbed.

So, I need the buyer to commit to same night availability for pickup once I gather the dude up, and obviously commit to the purchase.

I'm thinking the opportune times will be between 5 and 8 PM M-F for a start. Pickup is Central Bby between Douglas/Willingdon just south of the #1 Hwy

I bought it as a baby 2 years ago

gregzz4
08-21-2014, 03:59 AM
How's about For Free, and you pick it up at a time we work out together

This will entail us forcing the Urchin into an open space where we can gather it up in an ice cream pail, and then transfer it to YOUR bucket
Keep in mind that this will stress the poor beggar hence me wanting to scoop it off the glass

I'm available some weekdays from 4:30-8PM
Weekends are not good right now due to summer and FUN :lol:

Again, I'd rather have the new owner let me scoop it out of the tank when it's on the glass so it's not stressed

And I am serious when I say you need a bucket
This guy is too big for bags etc so no bucket no critter ...

The Guy
08-21-2014, 04:01 PM
How's about For Free, and you pick it up at a time we work out together

This will entail us forcing the Urchin into an open space where we can gather it up in an ice cream pail, and then transfer it to YOUR bucket
Keep in mind that this will stress the poor beggar hence me wanting to scoop it off the glass

I'm available some weekdays from 4:30-8PM
Weekends are not good right now due to summer and FUN :lol:

Again, I'd rather have the new owner let me scoop it out of the tank when it's on the glass so it's not stressed

And I am serious when I say you need a bucket
This guy is too big for bags etc so no bucket no critter ...

I have a tuxedo black blue & orange striped urchin he's always busy cleaning up the unwanted rock algae, he has now discovered the nori clip so once he's on it the fish tend to stay clear. Guess I'll have to put another clip in with his own private snack. :lol: Good luck with the rehome Greg.

gregzz4
08-23-2014, 02:34 AM
No takers ?

Aquattro
08-23-2014, 04:55 AM
They're a tough sell Greg :)

don.ald
08-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Idea for less stress.
I move my black spine from my sump to my display as needed for cleanup.
I place a bucket in the tank with a piece of nori or whatever food (need to be creative here and wrap and secure food to keep it in the bucket).
Urchin goes into bucket every time and I pull it out.

The Guy
08-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Idea for less stress.
I move my black spine from my sump to my display as needed for cleanup.
I place a bucket in the tank with a piece of nori or whatever food (need to be creative here and wrap and secure food to keep it in the bucket).
Urchin goes into bucket every time and I pull it out.
Great idea :exclaim:

gregzz4
08-23-2014, 05:52 PM
They're a tough sell Greg :)
That becoming apparent. Too bad 'cause he's a great LR cleaner
If nobody's interested J&L will take him back

I can't use the nori in a bucket trick - We have numerous wrasses
It's OK though, I'll be able to get it out

Sebae again
08-24-2014, 02:53 AM
In my opinion these are the best algae eaters there are. Had them before then rehomed them after they did their job.