PDA

View Full Version : New store Durham Region area- Thoughts?

Prospect
08-14-2014, 02:00 PM
I am currently in the process of setting up a new saltwater specialty store. Looking for input from everyone before we put the final pieces of the puzzle together.

We are looking at opening it in the Bowmanville- Oshawa area, close to the 401. Still trying to finalize the exact location, but would this general area be convenient and of interest to people in the reefing hobby? There really is no where around here that can provide for the reefing community.

We plan to carry hard to find items, new and upcoming items and well known and trusted items. We plan to have very competitive pricing and will offer shipping at very reasonable rates.

We will also be stocking corals and fish- but mostly hard to find species and colonies rather than frags.

What are some items you guys would like to see? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

vaporize
08-15-2014, 07:46 PM
good luck :) Good to do your homework.

You probably want to talk to the guys at Coral Reef Shop as your target market would be similar.

mmatt
12-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Yes please! Would love for this to happen. Absolutely nothing in Durham but big als. Huge PITA to drive to Toronto or west end for anything

Aussie stuff. Rare LPS and sps and Zoas. Lots of colour

teemee
12-16-2014, 03:37 PM
We will also be stocking corals and fish- but mostly hard to find species and colonies rather than frags.

very exciting news!

joepino
04-23-2015, 11:08 PM
Awesome really would like to have a marine fish and reef store in the Oshawa Area. Can't wait

AquaFiend
01-10-2016, 04:47 AM
so ...?

mmatt
01-10-2016, 01:18 PM
so ...?

He is up and running. Doing it out of his house great guy quality product dry goods and livestock. No fish but lots of colonies and frags. Any dry goods you need from ro filters to dosing and lighting equipment. I'm sure if you wanted a specific fish he can get it. Good prices too. Check kijiji out and search reef addictions.
If you can't get ahold of him or find it let me know and I'll give you his number. Way better pricing than big als