PDA

View Full Version : A Product so good I just have to run around telling everyone

BowedFloor
08-13-2014, 02:34 AM
So I grabbed a new booster pump

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-4-aquatec-8800-booster-pump-kit-1.html

and ermagerd.

I was using a Vertex pump before which did about 40 psi with no ability to adjust. I'm now running 90 psi to my RO Membrane, and just wow. I made 10 gallons of water in a couple hours, if that.

If you are making your own RO water, and have less than 60 psi pressure to the unit, I'd definitely suggest getting one of these. I could not be happier.

spit.fire
08-13-2014, 02:44 AM
There must have been something wrong with yours, mine pushes 90-100psi

theokie
08-13-2014, 02:47 AM
I added the same unit to my system last year and I can't get better performance out of my unit. After the initial start up spike my TDS out of my RO levels off around 5 ppm. Meaning that my DI resin lasts forever, I'm currently 6 months in on my current resin with usage in the 1000's of gallon range, top off for a 300 gallon system with 45 gallons a week in water changes. And my built in TDS meter is verified by a hand held unit.

Prior to the booster pump I was exhausting resin in under 3 months of similar usage

BowedFloor
08-13-2014, 03:26 AM
There must have been something wrong with yours, mine pushes 90-100psi

What is your base pressure? Mines like 20.

I added the same unit to my system last year and I can't get better performance out of my unit. After the initial start up spike my TDS out of my RO levels off around 5 ppm. Meaning that my DI resin lasts forever, I'm currently 6 months in on my current resin with usage in the 1000's of gallon range, top off for a 300 gallon system with 45 gallons a week in water changes. And my built in TDS meter is verified by a hand held unit.

Prior to the booster pump I was exhausting resin in under 3 months of similar usage

Yeah I'm hoping my DI resin starts lasting longer. I have a 240g display + 90g sump and am eating a canister of DI every few months by my recollection.