PDA

View Full Version : black and orange clown together

Coral Hoarder
08-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I know my black perc is female and I have a tiNY orange.clown that I'm pretty sure is male can i put them together my fish are bullying the small one in his tank so I want to put him with the black clown

Thanks in advance

ensquire
08-13-2014, 03:26 AM
I have 3 different types of clowns in my 90 gallon. Never had a problem with different types. Female saddleback kicks the males a&& once in a while. But that's about it.

Cody
12-10-2014, 04:26 AM
My sister kept a black one and a pair or orange clowns, and at first the black was the dominant fish. Once the Orange ones caught up in size the largest orange clown beat up the black one pretty bad. She ended up giving her black one away, I'm sure the orange one would have eventually killed it.

Coralgurl
12-10-2014, 04:34 AM
I have 2 different types of clowns, 2 clarkiis and one black and white. My female clarkii just recently beat the crap out of the male clarkii and I've had to separate them, they were not paired. The female and black and white share an anenome now, but she used to chase him if he got too close to hers. I'm going to have to sell one of the clarkiis if the male survives, he's just started eating again,its been a week. Clowns can be vicious.

Coral Hoarder
12-10-2014, 04:44 AM
She probly had two female cody cuz mine are happy as stink

hfp75
12-10-2014, 05:58 AM
I've got a female true perc mated to a male false perc. She's huge compared to him but they are inseparable.

mohammadali
12-10-2014, 06:50 AM
I have a female black with a lil blueish on white lines and I have male orange and they used to fight now paired up 4 days ago they went to my RBTA

Myka
12-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I know my black perc is female and I have a tiNY orange.clown that I'm pretty sure is male can i put them together my fish are bullying the small one in his tank so I want to put him with the black clown

Thanks in advance

It will probably be ok. Fwiw, the black one is an Ocellaris. At least until they decide to give the Darwins a species description of their own.