PDA

View Full Version : sps losing colors

jason604
08-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I noticed over the past week or so after i raised my LEDs about 4" higher so that it is able to shine light on my colony thats farther to the side of my tank. Then all my other sps started to turn brown n lose color. Some of my sps colonies are turning pastel near the center where theres lil light shining on it. I lowered my lights back to its original position hoping it will color back up again. Do u guys think this is the problem or is there another problem that's making my sps lose color? My water parameters are in normal range as its always been.

jason604
08-10-2014, 11:55 PM
ops was supposed to post this under reef section..... Admins please move this over =)

SoloSK71
08-11-2014, 12:15 AM
I noticed over the past week or so after i raised my LEDs about 4" higher so that it is able to shine light on my colony thats farther to the side of my tank. Then all my other sps started to turn brown n lose color. Some of my sps colonies are turning pastel near the center where theres lil light shining on it. I lowered my lights back to its original position hoping it will color back up again. Do u guys think this is the problem or is there another problem that's making my sps lose color? My water parameters are in normal range as its always been.

Longer duration of lights or raise it 1/2" per week?

Charles