PDA

View Full Version : Abbottsford

sumpfinfishe
09-27-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone, I will be out in Abbottsford this weekend and I was just wondering if you guys and gals could give me the names of any s/w fish stores to visit- Tanks! Rich :D ;)

farmerjo90
09-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Hi Rich,

farmerjo90
09-27-2002, 01:51 AM
Hi Rich, you can try the pet store in the West Oaks mall or Animal House in Mt.Lehman just outside Abbotsford.

cheers
shirley

titus
09-27-2002, 03:03 AM
Hello,

You can also try SeaCare.

Titus

sumpfinfishe
09-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Hi gals "tanks" for the info. Would it be asking to much to get the addresses of these places as I forgot to mention that in my post. I will be in Abtsfrd all day Sat. so I'm looking forward to c-ing whats out that way. Happy Reefing sff :D

Samw
09-27-2002, 10:40 PM

[ 27 September 2002, 19:48: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Mak
09-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Hey, for Animal House ( Don't think it's in the phone book yet ) take the Mt.Lehman exit take a left over the bridge, and after the first set of light's there is a Mc Donalds and IGA complex on the right, it is right in there. Petlovers is 32700 South Fraser way in the West Oaks Mall. Right were the Save-on and London Drugs are.

BC_Grl
09-27-2002, 11:56 PM
You know, I will be out to see Tim @ Seacare in the middle of Oct... maybe I can convince the husband to take a yonder to see Rob at PetLovers (Mak-don't tell him I am coming in case I don't! smile.gif But it's been years since I've seen him and a visit would be cool)

Is Animal House worth a visit though?

[ 27 September 2002, 19:57: Message edited by: BC_Grl ]

Mak
09-28-2002, 01:05 AM
Hehehe Jenna :D , I just got back from Petlovers. I picked up a couple Purple Firefish from him :D . Very nice little guys I might add smile.gif .

Is your tank up and running yet?

[ 27 September 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: MAK ]

BC_Grl
09-28-2002, 02:22 AM
No lovey, we are doing it the affordable way... Buy what we can afford and then save up again for what we need. We are planning a trip (in Oct for our anniversary) to see Tim to get sand off of him. Then maybe pop into J&L for salt and bit of other stuff.
Then I think all we'll need is to buy LR, water tests and build a canopy for our lights! But, more than likely, we'll need lots of other stuff before we set up tank.

Troy F
09-28-2002, 01:53 PM
Is Animal House worth a visit though?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Depends on what you're looking for. If you're in Chilliwack at Tim's, you should definately pop over to the Animal House out there. They have a really beautiful display tank. If you're looking for something specific, call ahead.

Mak
09-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Good to here Jenna, but remember you don't exactly have to have every single think before you set it up ;) smile.gif .

sumpfinfishe
09-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Just in from Abbotsford, well I didn't get out to Sea care as I don't know Tim or where his store is.As for the two stores I did visit: Animal house has good potential,friendly somewhat knowledgable staff, and a fair setup for there tanks-I will try again at a later date!
Petlovers hummm, I have to be honest I have seen better looking toilet bowls-and being 32 years of age I have seen a few toilets! I feel sorry for the customers that have to shop in this place. All I can say about this store is it's tanks are a bad setup from the sump up! I guess I am always comparing other stores to my fav. J&L. I shopped at Paul's and Perky's for almost two years before branching out to other shops so my view on lfs now are more in depth after discovering J&L this year. This is just my opinion so please don't be mad or take offence to the above statements. I think visiting other stores helps in the learning process of this hobbie. So all I can say is I'm glad I don't have to rely on these stores for my stocks-sorry Abtsfrd residents-do the drive-head to J&L, it's worth every gal. in fuel.

Just my two bits,no offence sumpfinfishe :( :rolleyes:

TimT
09-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi Rich,
Too bad you didn't make it out. I could have got out of painting the roof smile.gif
Cheers,
Tim

Mak
09-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Is this Tim from Seacare? Do you have like an outlet or something? And Where? smile.gif

sumpfinfishe
09-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi Tim, so do you have a store or do you frag from home? I will make a trip out if I know what stock you have as I have heard that you are very knowledgable. How and where do I find you?
Regards-Rich :D

TimT
09-29-2002, 02:48 AM
Hi Mak,
Yes, its Tim from SeaCare. I joined the list incognito as I am still a hobbyist at heart. I chose Clam Man because clams are my favourite and I figured after having 3000+ I kind of know what they like/need to thrive. I am about five minutes from Animal House in Chilliwack. Visits are by appointment only as I tend to operate a weird schedule, thanks to the airlines!!!

Hi Rich,

SeaCare is more like a commercial wholesaler than a retail store. I do not have a fancy display tank but then I do have several much larger coral holding tanks that are very interesting. I have a large variety of stuff in stock. Email me off list for directions etc.

Cheers,
Tim