PDA

View Full Version : Snorkeling video, Coron Philippines

mark
08-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Doing the Coron Island tour (B) and one of the stops was at a place called the Reef Garden. Little disappointed when first jumped off the boat as there's fresh water springs so water distorted but eventually cleared up. What impressed me the most on this stop was how blue some of the corals where and the size of some of the table acros (6 feet plus).

Snorkeling Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikgn4vp90uw)

Big thing for Coron is the wreaks so planning a few dives for Friday.

daplatapus
08-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

sumpfinfishe
08-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Beautiful!!! :mrgreen:

+1 for sharing

tlhood
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
wow super cool!

asylumdown
08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Really puts in to perspective how much captive reef keeping and the art of bonsai have in common. Those colonies were huge!

jason604
08-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Amazing. I rly need some tabling acros n some bonsai now!

NIVLEM09
08-06-2014, 08:55 PM
That's really nice.ive been there twice and had a blast snorkelling.did you go anywhere else?

mark
08-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Sounds like Yolanda (Super Typhoon) tracked over Coron so lots of damage to the reefs but still is something what you can see just from floating on the surface. Every time I do this though I'm torn; it's either want to go home and work on the tank or just shut it down as really I can never come close to a reef.

That's really nice.ive been there twice and had a blast snorkelling.did you go anywhere else?

So far done a couple of the day tours so stopped on a few other reefs, the Skeleton Wreck, the hidden lagoon plus Kayangan and Barracuda Lakes. Thinking hike up the hill tonight followed by the hotsprings but still trying to decide for remaining days. Maybe kayaking the mangroves then not sure, any suggestions?

NIVLEM09
08-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Sounds like Yolanda (Super Typhoon) tracked over Coron so lots of damage to the reefs but still is something what you can see just from floating on the surface. Every time I do this though I'm torn; it's either want to go home and work on the tank or just shut it down as really I can never come close to a reef.

So far done a couple of the day tours so stopped on a few other reefs, the Skeleton Wreck, the hidden lagoon plus Kayangan and Barracuda Lakes. Thinking hike up the hill tonight followed by the hotsprings but still trying to decide for remaining days. Maybe kayaking the mangroves then not sure, any suggestions?

Looks like you're having fun?!here are some of the places to see if you still have time.malcapuya island,sunken Japanese wrecks,twin lagoon,coral garden,banol beach,bulog island,dive cal,atwayan beach,north cay,and kingfisher park.been to all of em and was not disappointed,and the sceneries are breath taking.my cousin lives in Coron and he took me to places where tourists never visits.we went fishing for red snapper,blue and mud crabs,scallops and etc.fun times!!!

lemon604
08-08-2014, 12:02 AM
cool video. I was in Palawan just in March and had a blast snorkeling. Tabling acros are bigger than a king size bed and I saw a clam as big as my desk in the office.

GoFish
08-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks for sharing Mark! I was in Coron 2 years ago and visited some of the same spots you mentioned. Glad the reefs are still in nice condition and you found accommodation after the Typhoon...
If you have time for flight and have your Scuba certification? I'd definitely recommend a flight to Cebu and bus/boat ride to Malapascua island for some diving with white tipped sharks, amazing experience.... Or early morning diving with Thresher sharks

Jealous