PDA

View Full Version : Where are the good stores?

Rick_B
08-24-2004, 03:36 AM
I am wondering which of the stores in Calgary are worth a visit as I pass through later in the week. Please include addresses on responses.

Quinn
08-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Wai's Aquarium, Bay 4, 222, 16th Avenue NE, some nice stuff to look at, leave your checkbook at home. It's across from Peter's Drive-In.

monza
08-24-2004, 05:28 AM
Yea at Wai's bring cash he likes that. Close to that is Oceans up north on Center street I believe, sorry to lazy to look up the address. I was impressed the last time I was in there.

Vagabond
08-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Golds Aquarium Bay J, 4710 17th Ave. S.E.

Dennis has reasonable prices and if you catch them on a shipment day, which I believe is on Friday, ( check the vendor announcement forum) he usually gets a good selection of both SPS and LPS.

Bob I
08-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Yea at Wai's bring cash he likes that. Close to that is Oceans up north on Center street I believe, sorry to lazy to look up the address. I was impressed the last time I was in there.

Centre St., and 25th Ave. NW. for Ocean. The store is improving. They have put in a number of new tanks. The only quibble I have is the fish selection. They often have fish that are likely not to survive in captivity. :sad:

Bob I
08-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Wai's Aquarium, Bay 4, 222, 16th Avenue NE, some nice stuff to look at, leave your checkbook at home. It's across from Peter's Drive-In.

Would you believe that there is no apostrophe in Peters :question: The owner is Dutch, and his last name is Pieters. He felt that would not do for a name, so it became Peters. :razz:
I am not doing an English lesson, but just want to provide some trivial information for Quinn. :rolleyes:

Quinn
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Bob, sounds like you're down on the Peters scene. Do us lowlanders get a discount there do you think?

Bob I
08-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Bob, sounds like you're down on the Peters scene. Do us lowlanders get a discount there do you think?

More like up on the Peters scene. Never got a discount there. BTW I have other stories if you want to hear them some day, but this forum is not the place. Unless one is lookig to pad his post count. (heading for 3000) :razz:

albert_dao
08-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Forget those places. It's all about PetCetera. That place is chillin'. :cool:

AJ_77
08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Forget those places. It's all about PetCetera. That place is chillin'. :cool:
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

oh, oh... gotta stop laughin'... ouch. :lol:

hey, you might as well go to Big Al's as well - they been surprisin people lately. Ask for Nate, and check out the latest SPS pics under the vendor announcment forum.

Down at Macleod Tr and Heritage Dr, just up the hill in that little mall.

albert_dao
08-25-2004, 04:53 AM
Got some Bali acros comin to the store (Gold's) this Friday too!