PDA

View Full Version : looking for: psychadelic mandarin n leopard wrass

props
08-24-2004, 01:47 AM
pm me or email
jcaramat@shaw.ca

Aquattro
08-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Jesse, maybe use the latin name for the mandarin. Depending on what website you look at, they mix up the green spotted and psychadelic.

smokinreefer
08-24-2004, 03:38 AM
sidenote...
i refer to pyschedelic as the light green one...
and just plain manadrin as the dark purpley colored one.

saw some available at LFS ~week ago or so.

havent seen any leopards lately 'cept for the fat a$$ in my tank! it is fairly large tho, as far as leopards go, they are always fairly small guys for sale.

Jason McK
08-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Jesse, Fish world (120th and 63rd Surrey/Delta) had a leopard Wrasse a while ago. I would have picked it up but they had been feeding it with a bryne shrimp feeder. Not sure if you could train it to eat frozen after that.

J

StirCrazy
08-24-2004, 04:29 AM
Jesse, maybe use the latin name for the mandarin. Depending on what website you look at, they mix up the green spotted and psychadelic.

how could some one confuse a phychadelic mandran with thoes ugly green spotted ones? :mrgreen:

Steve

props
08-24-2004, 04:34 AM
thanks guys
called most fish shop locally and no one seems to have one at the moment
=o(

marlboro man
08-24-2004, 05:21 AM
I saw 3 pysh. mandarin at Big Al's in richmond tonight.
Give them a call

Aquattro
08-24-2004, 06:16 AM

how could some one confuse a phychadelic mandran with thoes ugly green spotted ones? :mrgreen:

Steve
Steve, when I ordered an ugly green spotted one from J&L, they sent me an ugly one like yours. So which is what?

According to J&L, Synchiropus picturatus is the phychadelic mandarin.

StirCrazy
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM

Steve
Steve, when I ordered an ugly green spotted one from J&L, they sent me an ugly one like yours. So which is what?

According to J&L, Synchiropus picturatus is the phychadelic mandarin.

ya kinda like my urchin experiance. :rolleyes: think of the 60's phychadelic, tie died, kinda goes better with my mandarin. although, a quick search of the web shows aprox 70% of people think the common name for yours is a green spotted and 40% think it is a phychadelic :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Steve

props
08-24-2004, 02:21 PM
I saw 3 pysh. mandarin at Big Al's in richmond tonight.
Give them a call

wicked i'll see if i'll be able to drop by there tonight

Quinn
08-24-2004, 05:35 PM
although, a quick search of the web shows aprox 70% of people think the common name for yours is a green spotted and 40% think it is a phychadelic :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Steve

How did we end with with 110% of "people"? :mrgreen:

At http://www.wetwebmedia.com/mandarins.htm, Fenner refers to S. splendidus as not being the psychedelic, which suprises me. I thought it closely resembled the patterns you see in bed sheets during an acid trip.

Cap'n
08-24-2004, 10:28 PM

20% are really into the psychadelics!

Aquattro
08-24-2004, 11:25 PM

20% are really into the psychadelics!

LMAO!