PDA

View Full Version : Pics from my vacation

Richer
08-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Looks like Quinn isn't going to be the only one showing off vacation pictures :mrgreen:

Here are a few pictures from my vacation. All of the "View" pictures that you see were taken from the window of my hotel room in Vietnam... the name of the city escapes me for now. Everything else was from various places in Thailand. Oh, and that misc picture is me. Someone on the tour group swiped my digital camera and took a shot of me making my way across a beach littered with crap, jellyfish and what I figured was probably baby squid or something :eek: .

Linkie (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Vacation/Pictures/)

There would be more pictures, except I forgot to bring my camera's charger. I took more than half a dozen roles of pictures on my Nikon F80... I'll scan and post those up when I get them developed, and if you all want to see them.

Oh! One more thing... check out the "Show" pictures at your own discretion. There's no nudity, but there are pictures of people dressed not too appropriately. On that note, for the ones that did look at those pictures... there's something not quite "right" about those people in the pictures. See if you can identify what it is... here's a hint, I was in Pattaya, Thailand when I saw this show. Jim may know what I'm talking about here (please don't spoil it!).

Cheers!
-Richer

kuatto
08-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Nice photos :cool:
I think if you look real close to some of the girls you can figure out what is not quite right :mrgreen:

Delphinus
08-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Ew.

Quinn
08-24-2004, 04:37 AM
Rough stuff. :neutral:

AJ_77
08-24-2004, 04:39 AM
he-she... double ew...

did you enjoy your vacation??

Quinn
08-24-2004, 05:45 AM
Woah! I didn't realize that! I thought we were talking about some of them being kids, since Southeast Asia has a significant problem with child prostitution. Shows how observant I am.

Richer
08-24-2004, 06:12 AM
Vacation was decent enough. It was raining most of the time, so weather was much more bearable than it usually is (in the low 30s rather than high :eek: ). I didn't get the chance to go snorkling in some of the more decent areas of Thailand, but I did see schools of what looked like chromis while I was snorkling off of a somewhat crowded beach, along with what looked like some sort of white goby and other fish I couldn't name. There was a slight infestation of jelly fish in the water near the mainland, but not so near the island where I spent a day. Just had to be careful in a few places thats all.

Oh, and about those "interesting" people. In general, if you are male and a "female" approaches you... run like the wind and don't look back. :biggrin:

-Richer

EmilyB
08-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Ew.

Double Ew... :eek:

Cap'n
08-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Hey, if we can accept the fact that clownfish can do it than why can't people?

reefhawk
08-24-2004, 06:52 AM
excellent orchid photos

muck
08-24-2004, 11:22 PM
There would be more pictures, except I forgot to bring my camera's charger. I took more than half a dozen roles of pictures on my Nikon F80... I'll scan and post those up when I get them developed, and if you all want to see them.
Yes please!! So far your pictures are fantastic. I really like the macro shots of the flowers. The view pics are nice too. :black: