PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Magus Curve 5 - Looking for a review

intarsiabox
07-31-2014, 03:05 AM
I am in the process of setting up a 75g FOWLR and will need to get an in sump skimmer. I'm thinking the BM Curve 5 but would like to hear from some people who have been running this model to see what they think about it's performance.

ferret
07-31-2014, 04:23 AM
Definitely not enough for BM curve 5 to handle a 75gal system particularly for FOWLR for I've been running a bm curve 7 for my 80gal system. Actually I should have ordered a bm curve 9 but lacking of space in the sump.

mrhasan
07-31-2014, 04:54 AM
I am in the process of setting up a 75g FOWLR and will need to get an in sump skimmer. I'm thinking the BM Curve 5 but would like to hear from some people who have been running this model to see what they think about it's performance.

Go for curve 7; 9 would be ideal since its a FOWLR and you will definitely be stocking on the heavy side. Both have been reviewed here (curve 7 by me).

intarsiabox
08-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Go for curve 7; 9 would be ideal since its a FOWLR and you will definitely be stocking on the heavy side. Both have been reviewed here (curve 7 by me).

I saw your review on the 7, sounded pretty good. I don't think my bioload will be that heavy as I am going to pass on most of the really messy fish as they all seem to like eating my shrimp which just won't do. A Potter's Angel would probably be the largest fish.