Bobby B
07-21-2014, 03:17 AM
Have another batch of babys to go! They are over inch an a half. $15 each

hfp75
07-21-2014, 03:32 AM
PM

SiliconGuy
07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
And I can vouch for Bobby's rearing skills, the 3 Banggais obtained from him almost 2 months ago are looking and doing great!

Coralgurl
07-29-2014, 07:17 PM
How would they handle going into an established tank? They are such a gentle fish, I would love to add a couple, but being so little, not sure how they would do.

hfp75
07-30-2014, 03:04 AM
How would they handle going into an established tank? They are such a gentle fish, I would love to add a couple, but being so little, not sure how they would do.

I got three from him. I put them in my tank (at night). I already had 2 females in there (large and small) and she (large and established) harassed 2 of them (must have been females). I figured the next day I'd be able to observe things and solve any problems.... but the next day there was only one of the three I put in - I saw a crab eating one carcass.... Had I already not had a large female bengali in there I would still have the three but she was aggressive to the other females....

In the end I got a male which was what I was after...... would have been nice if the other 2 had made it... but what can you do.

In the end. They tried to school themselves until Birtha became territorial.... I'd say your fine if you dont already have any in the tank......

SiliconGuy
07-30-2014, 03:05 AM
They are hardy little guys: I drove my little Banggais to BC in a 3g pail (full to the brim, to minimize sloshing) and an air stone through the Rockies.
That's an 8-10 hour (temperature controlled) drive. Hard to say but it's probably a lot less stress than what is endured by the wild-caught Indonesian specimens.

When I got home, I put them straight into QT for 3 weeks, watched and fed them carefully. Over weeks, I was able to identify the dominant fish.
For transfer to the DT, I did it in the evening (lights off) and dripped acclimated one fish per night.
I introduced the dominant fish last and everything has worked out for the best (touch wood).

They are very different than my other fish and a conversation piece for sure. I'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

Coralgurl
07-30-2014, 03:16 AM
I lost my lone bangaii sometime in the last few weeks. She was one of my first fish who survived my failed qt for ich, had her for 3+ years. They are not the most active, but they are so graceful.

I was concerned with my other yahoos in the tank. Don't seem to have anyone who's overly aggressive, other than my odd 3 clowns....if the others are good, I may give this a go.

Oh, thread jack. Sending a pm...

Bobby B
08-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Still have 15 left out of the 30 for sale.

target
12-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Are you able to ship these? I'd love 4 of them.