PDA

View Full Version : FLATWORM EXIT

Azilla
08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I lost my instructions for my flatworm exit i noticed last night i seem to have them again in my tank so can anyone help me out.

Skimmerking
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
its a a drop per gallon or water you add,

HTH

mike

Azilla
08-23-2004, 02:48 AM
hmmm i did what u said it killed a couple but made more come out. :eek: :eek: I cant beleive how many i see now my sand is loaded!!!!! It doesnt seem to kill them im kinda scared to add more :frown:

Jack
08-23-2004, 03:43 AM
The flatworm exit is fairly harmless it's the toxins from the die off that harm your reef tank. Add more if you feel you didn't kill them all because you don't want them to re-populate and have to dose again at a later date, causing more stress to your critters.

Make sure to run a generous ammount of carbon a few hours after the treatment and a waterchange couldn't hurt.

Skimmerking
08-23-2004, 07:42 PM
The best way to sort this mess out is to suck out as many as you can and then ,use the EXIT on the tnak ,you can always add say 2 drops per gal on the tank too. That iswhat Doug did on his tank .I believe.

HTH

and use the carbon after

P.s if you have fish like chromis's in there watch that they dont take off with a few doug hasd the same problems in there with his i think he lost 1 chromis out of the deal..

bluetang
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
We used the exit on Snoop Dog's tank. It worked very well but we did one thing wrong on the first dose. We didnt suck the little buggers out to start with and we didnt add some carbon and do a water change soon enough after they started to die. The efect was some really bad bleaching of all his SPS corals. I'd suggest, and this is only if you can, is to remove all your sps coral before doseing and put them back in a day or so later. The toxins they give off in the tank is devistating. to the apearance of the corals if you dont try to get them out before and after doseing as well as running carbon and lots of water changes.
rob

Doug
08-23-2004, 10:29 PM
I never used more than the suggested dose but I treated enough times to kill a horse. I always left my skimmer and turf scrubber running in between doses, so likely much of was removed during the treatment.

My fish got sick the first time I treated it in my old 170. But that was not exit. And mentioned they got sick from either eating flatworms or just the toxin in the water from them dying. This was before we knew they were toxic while dying and siphoning as many out before treatment would help.

Most of the sick fish recovered, but I lost a couple chromis and one of my mated pair of orange skunk clowns. One of my cinnamon clowns, had serious eye trouble from it, but recovered and now, several years later is an egg laying machine. :biggrin:

Azilla
08-23-2004, 11:21 PM
well i did that i added more and they didnt seem to die but yet rise up in mass amounts. then i noticed my snails started to fall and stuff got all messed up so i said screw it and did a water change. :cry:

Skimmerking
08-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Sorry about that Doug i thought i miss typed what i wanted to say. Oh well i will try harder next time.

Doug
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
S,ok Mike.

All my problems came from the use of Oomed, the suggested treatment at the time, before "exit". :rolleyes:

Azilla, I had to treat my 225 several times. That was also after treating my 170 with the oomed and treating rock separate during the move to the 225.

Its was the time from hell for me. Those couple of years are what came close to driving me from this hobby I have been in for the last 30 yrs. It cost me a small fortune in carbon, salt and exit.

Persistance payed off in the end though, for now. :eek:

bluetang
08-24-2004, 01:30 PM
we also had problems with fish being sick. Lost a couple chromis's and the purple tangs eyes were very cloudy for about a week or two.