PDA

View Full Version : strawberry pseudochromis question

jhj0112
07-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Hi,

I have a biocube 14 with a pair of false purc clownfish, shrimp goby and shrimp pair, a perppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp..

I added a strawberry pseudochromis( I guess it is also called purple dottyback(?) ) 2 week ago.

He has been fine and not bothering any fish/shrimps but I read that this fish will eventually turn into a devil and kill pretty much anything in the tank including clownfish...

what's your experience on this fish? should I just return to LFS before it gets nasty??

intarsiabox
07-14-2014, 03:01 AM
It has more of a chance of becoming aggressive in a small tank, some do some don't, it's a bit of a gamble. If you can exchange it for an orchid dottyback they look similar but have a much nicer demeanor.

kien
07-14-2014, 05:32 AM
I've always had one in a larger tank so my experience might be different from yours based on that alone. I've always found my strawberry to be quite shy actually! It likes to mind its own business and stay close to a cave. I hardly ever see mine except during feeding time. It could be that someone is keeping him in check, I don't know. In a small bio cube you can easily catch your strawberry if it becomes aggressive so I would just keep an eye on him. Clownfish can be quite aggressive too actually so I would be surprised if the clownfish didn't hold their ground against the strawberry.

jhj0112
07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys!! he seems to be ok other than chasing any fish that comes into his area... I will keep an eye on this guy... maybe i should upgrade my tank to a larger one!! lol

intarsiabox
07-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks guys!! he seems to be ok other than chasing any fish that comes into his area... I will keep an eye on this guy... maybe i should upgrade my tank to a larger one!! lol

A bigger tank is always the best solution!:lol: