PDA

View Full Version : scwd

Invigor
08-21-2004, 06:54 PM
anyone use one of these? I'm getting one soon for my 105g tank, i'm terribly excited :D

sumpfinfishe
08-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I have used one on my 27gl for 1 1/2 years now, powered by a Mag5 for my return. I'm very happy with this simple switching device, just wish I was the one who invented it :mrgreen:

A tip for cleaning, soak it in a warm vinagar bath once a year just to rid any calcium buildup, other than that I wasn't impressed with the hose fittings, so just to be safe I added a couple of hose clamps.

Richer
08-21-2004, 11:35 PM
I second the recommendation. I have one running on my 30 gallon and its powered by a mag950. Current switches direction every 7 seconds or so. Keep in mind that a SCWD will reduce the output of your pump somewhat... shouldn't be a problem if you're just going to use it on a closed loop, just something to keep in mind if you're going to connect it to a return pump.

-Richer

Invigor
08-22-2004, 12:00 AM
I plan on using it in a closed loop setup with a mag12. I also plan on having 2 outputs on the left and 2 on the right to help the flow around the whole tank. for each side, one in the top corner and one closer to the middle near the bottom of the tank somewhat facing eachother, I haven't decided, but I'm trying to eliminate stagnant areas. :D