PDA

View Full Version : Clown Fish Spawning Info

Kevany
07-10-2014, 02:46 PM
My clown fish seem to be acting a little weird, they have never spawn before so this is all new to me. They have been picking at one area on my LR for the last 3 days and last night I noticed the female had her ovipositor sticking out and was passing over the area of the rock and the male would go behind her and shimmy over the area. I looked at the area this morning with a flashlight before the lights came on but there are no eggs. Once the lights in the tank came on the both of them started this again. Do clowns usually do a few practice runs before actually depositing the eggs?

Thanks...:biggrin:

Timbits
07-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Yes they do! Ill say that your clowns are well on their way to spawning. You should see some eggs very soon! :biggrin:

Cujo#31
07-18-2014, 04:22 AM
Good luck! Hopefully everything goes well. If there are any other fish in the tank they will devour the fry. Best chance is to remove other fish if possible, or put pair in seperate tank with their host. I have always wanted to get a pair to go, but it seemed like a lot of work and extra time I didnt have anyhow. LMAO
Best of luck to ya

duncangweller
07-18-2014, 06:00 AM
My clowns lay eggs every three weeks or so. They did a dance for a couple of months before laying. Each clutch size increases. The first one was maybe 15 eggs, this would be their 6th or so and now its up to about 50.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mohammadali
07-18-2014, 07:07 AM
hey
duncangweller
do you still wanna give me the frys ?

duncangweller
07-19-2014, 06:41 AM
I would happily give you the fry, I just don't have time to syphon them out when they hatch or time for you to pick them up. I work 13-15 hrs per day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk