PDA

View Full Version : RIM 250 cooling fan fuse URGENT (Vancouver)

DACJ
07-02-2014, 09:24 PM
As you all know it's hot lately...and with the fan gone my fish is cooking...does anyone know who carries this around in Vancouver richmond area? Or perhaps someone here has it but don't use the fan or don't use the hood? I can pick it up from you tonight...

apexifd
07-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Find out what kinda of fuse it is go from there?

You maybe able to use automative fuse?

DACJ
07-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Find out what kinda of fuse it is go from there?

You maybe able to use automative fuse?

It's a 250ma 250v ..I just went to one of my clients in ubc he carries all size except he ran out....I called lordco and they don't have anything at 250v..

Weasy2k
07-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Where would the fuse be on that?
From what i know the cooling fans just die over time.

Also is this the little extra fan or the ones of the lights? I may be able to help you out as my dad has a couple RSM250 lids somewhere in storage brand new never used. They came from broken tanks during shipping.

Weasy2k
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
It's a 250ma 250v ..I just went to one of my clients in ubc he carries all size except he ran out....I called lordco and they don't have anything at 250v..

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cooper-Bussmann/BK-GDC-250MA/?qs=ar9f0rk5DXBMNa40ert0gA==

That what your looking for?

Give these guys a call:
http://www.rpelectronics.com/

DACJ
07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
the fuse is right beside the timer for the light. A small round cap. It is solely for the two rear fans that blows directly over the water. Not the side ones. And yes , that is what I need. But r closes at 4 today I think.....I found another one main electronics haven't call them but they close at 5. Bigger chance. Gonna find out soon. Might not still make it...I get off near 5 at airport.

Weasy2k
07-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Ahh yes i know what you are talking about now. Odd voltage.

http://leeselectronic.com/index.php?

These guys are near 33rd and main...but they too close at 530.

DACJ
07-02-2014, 11:56 PM
530 is better than anything and closest to the airport. Anyways, I got my wife to take a "15 min" break from work and picked it up for me :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for the store names. Lee's is definitely the cost and cheapest so far...rp is big just far from me as of now. I'll know where to go next time...if ever...it came in 5 fuse in a box for 3.60 plus tax. So cheap for a specialty item that minimal store carries..

Weasy2k
07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
No problem, glad I could help.

spit.fire
07-03-2014, 12:38 AM
If it blew the fuse chances are the fan is toast

DACJ
07-03-2014, 01:17 AM
If it blew the fuse chances are the fan is toast
Which is fine because I do have a brand new back up just in case.....but never imagined the fuse would go... (actually I never knew there was a fuse until it blew...) I did a water change but didn't touch the electronic components at all...so not sure why or how...just gotta wait til my wife gets home to try it out...in the mean time...hood open . Tower fan full speed. And 8 hrs of light only today. I usually give'm 12 hrs.

Cankers
07-03-2014, 03:50 AM
Canadian Tire is where i picked up some when I bought my rsm250 :)

DACJ
07-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Spit.fire
You were right, fan was taken as well...i switched in the new unit and working great, stronger flow since it's new anyway. Only thing is that I think something is wrong with the ac cord because as i twich it or turn it, the fan loses power and come to a stop then start again...ideas? I am leaning towards more like the ac and the fan died and took out the fuse for safety...instead of fuse blown then fans dead?

Crankers
Seriously? I looked on their website they had nothing like it...all they had was bigger sizes, minimum is liek 2 amp. I tried actually 3 hardware stores and they all gave me the werid look "what the hell you need something that small for"

Cankers
07-03-2014, 04:35 AM
Ya i ordered some online then went into CT in nanaimo and boom lol oh well now I have 2 spare fuses sitting under my tank hah. Havn't had a problem since.