PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in St.Albert?

guysmiley
08-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi there,

I am relatively new to this site and have been in the reef keeping hobby for about two years. I was just wondering if there were other members of this site that live in St.Albert?

:biggrin:

sleeman
08-21-2004, 03:09 AM
I have been in St Albert for about 7 years now. Moved from Deer Ridge to Northridge about 2 years ago.
You?

Cheers,

Al

guysmiley
08-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I've been in St.Albert my entire life and actually live in Northridge also. I'm on Newport Cres. Small world!

Arty Morty
09-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Braeside here!! I spent some of the early eighties in junior high here, then moved away. Three years ago I moved back, wife and kids in tow.
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

guysmiley
09-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Cool. I used to live in Braeside, bellevue Cres. So what's your tank like?

Beverly
09-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I hope this doesn't sound like you aren't wanted in the Edmonton club, because that is NOT the case, but why not report St. Albert as your location instead of Edmonton? I think I'm going to be more specific in my Edmonton location to indicate we live downtown :smile:

guysmiley
09-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Maybe I should be more specific! I guess I get into the habit on the big US Boards to just saying Edmonton becaue most people know where basically we are. (thanks to the Oilers and the mall)

Quinn
09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
In the interest of keeping all the Edmonton-area people together in the memberlist, I think you should all put your location as "Edmonton (Specific)", ie. "Edmonton (Leduc)" or "Edmonton (Downtown)". People in other areas could do similar things. This would allow us to get a better idea of how many members are in each place. It's not a big deal though, I'm just neurotic about organization sometimes. :rolleyes:

Bob I
09-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Should I change mine to Calgary(NW) then :question: :razz: :biggrin:

Quinn
09-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Well I think ideally the key would be to have the individual's major metropolitan centre listed first, and more specific location information listed optionally after that.

sleeman
09-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I think most of us put Edmonton as the Location, because it would be like a Calgarian putting Mackenzie Towne as there location. Very few people outside of Calgary would know where that is. I have ammended my info, which will probably have to be ammended again to Edmonton NW if Smith and Plain have their way !! (the two city mayors)

Cheers,

AL

Arty Morty
09-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Location amended :lol:
________
CUMSHOT GLORYHOLE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/492/gloryhole/videos/1)

Arty Morty
09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Cool. I used to live in Braeside, bellevue Cres. So what's your tank like?

Birch Drive here, my tank is about 5 months old, 135g 180lbs LR. I am just learning the hobby.. and you?
________
Voyeur camera (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1147/camera/videos/1)

Quinn
09-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Since you guys got me started, I'll finish it.

Arty, your location should be "Edmonton (St. Albert...". This way when people view the userlist, they look under Edmonton and see all the people from Edmonton and area, instead of having to look under a whole pile of cities like Leduc, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, etc. This is because if people are searching by area, it will be in alphabetical order.

Arty Morty
09-07-2004, 09:31 PM
In theory you are correct, but I think 50, 000 Plus residents is enough to have it listed as a location. The folks from BC, list their towns, Are you saying they should all either pick Vancouver, Victoria or Kelowna?
________
UHWH WAREHOUSE (http://uhwh.com/)

Quinn
09-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes. Regardless of population, I expect when people search the userlist, they are interested in the number of people in that general area (I know I am). There is no St. Albert Reefing Club, therefore it makes more sense for anyone in the Edmonton area to list that they are from Edmonton first, and a more specific location second, than it does to have them scattered across the userlist. Likewise, in my opinion, anyone in the GTA should list Toronto as their location, not Newmarket or Scarborough or what-have-you, and likewise for Vancouverites. Once again, this is how I would do it, and it's really not a huge issue.

sleeman
09-08-2004, 06:53 AM
So Quinn,

Shouldn't you have Calgary(Lethbridge) ?

Better yet, if you were still in Red Deer would you put Edmonton or Calgary?
Let's see you talk your way out of this one without offending one of the cities :smile:

Cheers,

Al

This post is in fun. I personally don't care what people have for their location.

EmilyB
09-08-2004, 07:33 AM
:rolleyes:

sleeman
09-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Leth-what? :biggrin: