PDA

View Full Version : Stocking List FOWLR

Leach29
06-27-2014, 04:36 PM
I am getting my stocking list ready to go I have a 200 gallon or so 72x24x27 FOWLR I will have some softies but nothing I will be distraught over if it gets eaten.

I was hoping for everyone's thoughts, concerns, opinions any info would be greatly appreciated. I want all of these fish to be juvenile when I add them.

Wish List

Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Flame Angel
4 Blue Chromis- These will be the first fish in.
6 Line wrasse
Matted File Fish
Blue Throat Trigger x2
Yellow Longnose butterfly
Perc Clowns x2
Queen Angel

Others I like

Regal Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Magnificent Fox Face
Clown Trigger (I heard they get mean???) I love this fish though

FishyFishy!
06-27-2014, 07:06 PM
For a FOWLR list, thats a whole lot of reef safe fish!

Ever think of some racoon butterflies? Amazing looking fish.

I would also go clown trigger for sure. They are a sweet looking fish. All the ones I have had haven't been mean at all. I found my tangs much worse.

matt_C
06-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Saddleback butterflies!
Niger trigger
Picasso trigger
Marble wrasse
Red coris wrasse
Harlequin tusk
many many many fish to go with if you go fish only.

Leach29
06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=FishyFishy!;904228]For a FOWLR list, thats a whole lot of reef safe fish!

hahah that is funny!

Good to hear about the Clown Trigger, I think I will add that to the list.

randy123
06-28-2014, 06:27 AM
If it were me, I would delete the naso and go with one of the tangs on your second list instead.

Clown triggers are neat looking and have personality, but they do have a reputation for just snapping one day and murdering their tankmates. Your fish may be fine, but it is possibility.

FishyFishy!
06-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Yeah mang, if you're going FOWLR, you should get fish that you cant have in a reef. Butterflies, angels, triggers, puffers, mean wrasses etc. Thats the way to go!

Cujo#31
06-29-2014, 06:26 AM
All I can say is triggers are beautiful fish, but scare the crap out of me. Either model citizens or the type that crawl to the top of the Bell Tower and go postal. There doesnt seem to be much middle ground......

Skimmer Juice
06-29-2014, 06:33 AM
golden puffer
panda puffer

albert_dao
07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
If it were me, I would delete the naso and go with one of the tangs on your second list instead.

What's wrong with the Naso? Seems like it would be perfect.

EdsonFOWLR
08-01-2014, 06:12 PM
you might also have problems with the cromis. I started with 4 and after 2.5 weeks I was down to 1 as they kept picking on and killing each other. The Filefish are awesome, I have one and he eats NLS pellets. Add a wrasse for some flare and colour, and maybe even a foxface, or even a firefish.

Cody
12-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I had a Picasso trigger in my fowlr tank and he was a snap show but loved him at the same time. If I were to ever do a large fowlr again I'd take the opportunity to keep large angels instead though.

I'm so greedy. In a perfect world I'd have my reef tank, a angel/butterfly/tang tank and a predator tank.