PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling setup whats fair asking price?

e46er
06-25-2014, 03:00 AM
hey there

I wanna move to whistler. im 27 single if that matters Im a die hard downhill mountain biker and snowboarder. fairly active. more i go up there the more i could picture myself living there.I have far too much stuff to fit into an "affordable" place in whistler.

basically im looking to sell a few things which i would have no room for in whistler and im thinking a 120 G tank is overkill would probably set up a small tank under 50 gal but really have no idea what my tank is worth on the used market.

specs
120 gal 4x2x2
40 gal sump
2 snapper pumps one running return and 2 reactors 1 running a CL
vertex in180
reefkepper controller 8 outlets
coralife 2x250w MH new bulbs still in boxes
150lb LR
misc corals n fish
heaters a 1/2 dozen power heads a 55g drum for mixing a mag 9 for pumping water changes lots of gfo carbon salt ect.

anything u guys would reccomend on keeping?
any idea what i should be asking?
i knowill never get close to what ive invested but i feel its alot of equiptment to part with for a grand or something?

cheers thanks for replies

Craigdillman
06-25-2014, 04:05 AM
Thought about keeping most of the stuff and just sell the tank and downsize?

a lot of the equipment can be used again in your new build

IanWR
06-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Thought about keeping most of the stuff and just sell the tank and downsize?

a lot of the equipment can be used again in your new build

+1. No need to rebuy what can be reused. Absolutely keep what is easily portable (powerheads, heaters, testing/cleaning equipment, etc). I wouldn't even sell off lights and skimmer until you know for sure what the next tank will be. Selling your livestock, rock, and tank/sump/stand cuts way down on the hassle of moving. Everything else is just a couple of boxes.

dino
06-25-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't know what type of place your thinking but keep in mind most places are small I mean really small. My sister lived that way and she could barely fit herself in the place let alone a tank.

FishyFishy!
06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
I'd probably ask $1000-$1500 for the package, but realistically no one ever buys as a package. Parting out is your best bet to get top dollar.