PDA

View Full Version : Water Quality Report

MitchM
08-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Does everyone have a copy?

If not here's a link to download one in PDF format:

http://www.calgary.ca/cweb/gateway/gateway.asp?GID=394&CID=200&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Ecalgary%2Eca%2FCCA%2FCi ty%2BHall%2FBusiness%2BUnits%2FWaterworks%2FWater% 2BQuality%2F2003%2BWater%2BQuality%2BReport%2F2003 %2BWater%2BQuality%2BReport%2Ehtm

(sorry about the size)

Mitch[/code]

Delphinus
08-18-2004, 08:37 PM
On this topic, has anyone tested their incoming water themselves? What kind of PO4 readings are people getting?

I just tested a week old batch of SW (made with RO) and found about a 0.1 PO4 reading. When I have some time later I'm going to take some readings on a fresh batch and maybe even my RO output itself, and see if it's the incoming water or it it's from the salt mix sitting too long.

Delphinus
08-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Why wouldn't nitrate and phosphate not be a tested water parameter in this report? :confused: I would have guessed that it's not only just us aquarists who'd be interested in what the source water tests out at for those, since any fertilizers used in the watershed are sure to trickle into the water supply. Or, I should say, I would be happier "knowing that they're not there" over "not knowing if they're there."

MitchM
08-19-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't know. I've had the water department fax me over water reports before, and they were a lot more comprehensive than this one.
Maybe this one is a simpler version for the general public...?

Mitch

Delphinus
08-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Must be. I just thought that was odd -- since NO3 and PO4 are pretty easy to come by, I would have guessed that the regulations would stipulate those need be tested too.

Is it a hard process to get the more comprehensive report? I've never tried it.

MitchM
08-19-2004, 02:42 AM
I phoned them directly, but there ws no on-line access at that time. Hopefully they'll still send it out.

Mitch

DiscusZ
08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
I too had them fax me as well. (have not done this quite some time, actually not since I got into SW tanks.) I did this mainly to see what the water was like when I was breeding FW fish (rainbows, angels, and discus (the discus only spawned once and the femail litterally killed the male :( )

Jim