PDA

View Full Version : Odd Wrasse Behavior

Madreefer
06-17-2014, 09:08 PM
My 6" rainbow wrasse disappeared a month ago. 2 weeks ago I spotted it lookin out from a rock tunnel. I see it again at a different spot this morning. For some strange reason I suspect it can no longer swim anymore. It was the most active fish in my tank and had never shown any signs of having trouble swimming. I'm wondering if my pistol shrimp may have give him a good shot or if it's the homemade food I make. I add a lot of garlic to it. The reason I suspect it's the food is cuz I had a perfectly healthy blue throat trigger that the same thing happened to. If felt bad as he couldn't swim at all but was very fat and shows no signs of an injury, he was put down. Anyone else experience this and no I will not take my rock work apart to catch him. I'm hoping it recovers eventually.

christyf5
06-17-2014, 10:31 PM
maybe relax on the garlic a little? It might be doing a number on their digestive system both with its acidic (not the right word but you know how it sometimes burns?) qualities and its size (depending on how much you have broken it down for them).

kien
06-17-2014, 11:05 PM
ya, define "a lot of garlic" ? Sounds suspicious if this has happened before!

Madreefer
06-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Well I make enough food to last a year and put in 250ml of Garlic Guard in the batch