PDA

View Full Version : Automatic fish feeders

Noodles
06-16-2014, 01:34 AM
So we're going on a vacation for two weeks and I'd like to buy a auto fish feeder. I'm looking for some feedback on different brands you've used, and maybe a feature you really liked. I was hoping to get one that fed every other day but that doesn't look like an option.

Azzkr
06-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Ehiem Dual feeder works really good. You can program it feed as much or as little as you would like and you will have no problem with two weeks of food in it.

daplatapus
06-16-2014, 02:17 AM
Ya, I agree. I have both a Hydor and an Eheim. My Eheim has an LCD screen and you can program it to feed 4 times a day. Awesome little feeder so far.
I don't like the Hydor - it does more than once a day, but only in 12 hr intervals.

Noodles
06-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I have a cheap one that does the 12 hr interval as well (don't really like it) but wanted less frequency feedings so my water quality doesn't go down too far.

kien
06-16-2014, 02:38 AM
I've been using this Eheim for the past five years. It's been rock solid (except for when I knock it into the tank LOL).

I feed pellets and It has never clumped up on me. It has a feature where it pumps a bit of air in to help keep it dry I think. The opening sizing is nice because it is a sliding door so it's virtually infinite how much food you may want to dump in. You can also do handy things like double drops (the hopper spins twice).

This one. (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/em-zfeed/Eheim+Automatic+Feeder.html)

FishingGoalie
06-16-2014, 02:40 AM
I have the new Apex Fish feeder and its fantastic i feed over 10 different types of pellets and i even put small pieces of nori into it and it still works great. It is completely programable so you can do anything you want with it.