PDA

View Full Version : vho lighting

Stirfry
08-17-2004, 05:34 AM
I am considering to upgrade my lighting from 4 48" 110w lights 2 artinic and to 50/50?

if i dont upgraade then i will need to replace all my bulbs does anyone have anyopinions one vho/metal halide??

corper
08-19-2004, 03:56 AM
Check out T5 lighting. Bulbs are cheap to replace, low heat and energy saving. Very bright as well. I even get a bit of a shimmer on the bottom from mine. Good luck!

StirCrazy
08-19-2004, 07:07 AM
I am considering to upgrade my lighting from 4 48" 110w lights 2 artinic and to 50/50?

if i dont upgraade then i will need to replace all my bulbs does anyone have anyopinions one vho/metal halide??

what is your goal, ie. by upgrading do you hope to keep different corals?
also how deep is your tank, befor we can recomend anything thoes are a couple things we need to know. if you have a rather shallow tank T5 might be a option but if the tank is over 12" tall I am going to recomend MH as an upgrade for the most bang for your buck. T5 is still verry new and as of yet unproven for longevity and is a lower intensity light when compared to MH but it is comparable to PC and VHO with a lot of space saving which enables you to put more bulbs in.

Steve