PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit

bear27
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Is there anybody that is useing this system here, and if so who sells it in canada

Jason McK
08-17-2004, 03:37 AM
out of curiosity I did a search. not sure if you've seen this or if this is were you inquiry came from but check out

http://www.captiveoceans.com/

bear27
08-17-2004, 03:59 AM
I have looked at that website and i am looking for guidelines on a basic system startup

I havent been able to find and distributors of this system in canada

I was wondering if you uesd a combanation of phosphate remover, Nitrats removers would it be the same or close. For example phosgard and purigen

monza
08-17-2004, 05:33 AM
First time I've heard that product. Keep us up to date, looks interesting. I'm a total sceptic so I'd be hesitant however. The line up of additives looks big which in turn sounds spendy. (that comming from a guy who still has MiricleMud in my sump)

Dave

Edit: After looking at the site more I guess only one 'mystery' product the other stuff is kind of typical.

Aquattro
08-17-2004, 07:07 AM
This system gets rave reviews from the europen members of RC, and many of the N. American reefers now are looking into the system. While it all sounds lovely, you need to check Jamie's tank in his TOTM article. His corals are as nice or nicer than anything I've seen in the german sites, and he uses carbon and water changes. Many other nice tanks use minimal additives/techniques/tricks to achieve these same results.

The zeovit system, while it sounds like it does work, might be a bit pricey by the time you purchase it in Cnanda. And I think you can get the same results without it.

bear27
08-17-2004, 10:06 PM
I agree that it would be expensive and i agree that there has to be methods as good out there. Heres what i was thinking of doing.

Running phosgard and purigen in a reactor plus over skimming this i think will parallel the effects of zeovit

I could not find the art ice on Jamie's reef, I also agree with the price factor the only option appears to be importing from the US or Germany maybe someone will distributing it in Canada.

Aquattro
08-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Here's Jamie's link

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-11/totm/index.htm

Andy
08-18-2004, 12:56 AM
OUinLA sells the Zeovit system in the US. There are no distributors currently in Canada. This system was going to cost me about $100 per month on my 280 gallon reef. I totally agree with Reef-Raf that incredible sps colouration can be achieved by paying attention to water quality, lighting, water flow and coral diet.

Andy