PDA

View Full Version : frag saw

Coral Hoarder
06-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Hey if anyone in the lower mainland needs to frag some stuff I recently bought a inland ban saw great for fraging any LPs zoa's ect
Rather not do a rental thing but if you wana give me a piece of the coral you wana cut up a mouth or head ( whatever works I'm easy )
Rules would be stays at my house I can frag your coral or I can teach you how to use it if you break the blade or anything elts I will be expecting you to pay for it I would rather people not just use it for live rock as that will dull the blade rather quickly but any thing elts is fine pm me with any questions :).

reefwars
06-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey if anyone in the lower mainland needs to frag some stuff I recently bought a inland ban saw great for fraging any LPs zoa's ect
Rather not do a rental thing but if you wana give me a piece of the coral you wana cut up a mouth or head ( whatever works I'm easy )
Rules would be stays at my house I can frag your coral or I can teach you how to use it if you break the blade or anything elts I will be expecting you to pay for it I would rather people not just use it for live rock as that will dull the blade rather quickly but any thing elts is fine pm me with any questions :).

Actually the rock is soft it's the calcium carbonate that's hard and will dull the blade, live rock is a breeze with it:) you get the 100?

Coral Hoarder
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Idk which one I got lol it's grey the standard model haha

reefermadness
06-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Actually the rock is soft it's the calcium carbonate that's hard and will dull the blade, live rock is a breeze with it:) you get the 100?

All rock from the reef is made of primarily calcium carbonate and built by dead coral. Some is more porus than others but its made of essentially the same thing. ONly difference is in the type of life that it was made from.

Coral Hoarder
06-11-2014, 05:09 PM
ok guys doesnt realy mater i just dont want to cut alot of rock with it tome that seems wayst full id justlike to extend the ofeer if any one needs to frag a few things

Kwood
06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Use caution when cutting Zoa on a band saw. Sure way to vaporize paly toxins

Coral Hoarder
06-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Use caution when cutting Zoa on a band saw. Sure way to vaporize paly toxins

I have a mask and its a wet saw